Say hello to Project Maxx self Destruction

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I got the bight idea to build up a T-Maxx to be reliably bashable and do it half way cheap. I have been though several revisions on this project....so. It started out life as a 2.5 T-maxx. What is left original? Um...the throttle servo mount, the steering links and the axle carriers. The rest has been upgraded to 3.3 or aftermarket. I have lost my mind totally. I think I may have went a bit over the top and now it is going to be seft destruction...but it will be fun to watch. I got thorough the first two break in tanks to day before it started raining.....it is going to be just silly. Can't wait to see it dialed in......:whhooo:
So list of hop-ups....
Billet CNC'd extended chassis
Alloy Bulkheads Front and rear (A MUST)
MIP CVDs all around and centers
FLM Diffs front and rear.
RPM Shock towers
RPM arms & Bumpers
Duratrax Warhead aluminum threaded shocks
Hobbico MG servos 80oz T/B and 200oz steering
Ofna Jammin CRT fuel tank to feed the beast
Hot Racing 7050 Alloy 3 shoe clutch
And it is powered by a Sirio .30
IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet truck...Did you do anything to the inside of the tranny to handle that .30?

Holy crap! If your going to bother with a maxx, might as well do it right from the start!

What did you use for center axles? Have a feeling that engine is going to give your drive train a heck of a workout!

He mentioned he's running all MIP driveshafts. That Sirio is what will kill the "affordable reliability" in the TMaxx. You can certainly build a reliable basher with a 3.3 mill but once you start going serious big blocks the entire drivetrain needs upgraded. As soon as you smoke an outdrive gear the whole reliability factor goes out the window. I know you already have the engine but IMO you really need an entry level .21 for it to be fun but not require a $400 drivetrain. Having the MIP puts you nearly halfway there already though. What kind of diffs are you running? At the very least you'll need aluminum diff cups if you're runnin stock diffs.

awesome build, if ya get a chance and dont mind i'd kinda like a shot of that rear a little better kinda wanna see what that rpm bumper looks like mounted as i too am thinkin bout that bumper set! thanks!

He mentioned he's running all MIP driveshafts. That Sirio is what will kill the "affordable reliability" in the TMaxx. You can certainly build a reliable basher with a 3.3 mill but once you start going serious big blocks the entire drivetrain needs upgraded. As soon as you smoke an outdrive gear the whole reliability factor goes out the window. I know you already have the engine but IMO you really need an entry level .21 for it to be fun but not require a $400 drivetrain. Having the MIP puts you nearly halfway there already though. What kind of diffs are you running? At the very least you'll need aluminum diff cups if you're runnin stock diffs.

I actually built it knowing for well that it was going to not be reliable basher drivetrain wise. Which is why I called it Project Self Destruction. I am running the Fastlane upgraded diffs, I am planning to go with the hybrids eventually as well as the RRP gears for the tranny. I built the whole project quite cheap for what it is. I shopped around and got deals on everything. There is only a couple parts that I bought new, everything else was used. A good bit of it I got from folks here on RCNT. I would say whole project I did for under $500. I went with the Sirio because I had it and I had originally intended to use a old Savage .25 engine but it proved to be too old and tired and would barely run. For the most part this will just be a show off item here in Japan at different RC meets. Since the T-Maxx in not sold here it’s a running shelf queen. I call it that since it will not be a everyday driver just a pull out every so often to act stupid. But reguardless….it will be fun if I can just get it to hold together.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE! you stole my project... lol I'm working on a basher-maxx too

Back