Savage XL and LRP Adventure

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Nail

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a new LRP .30 SPEC 4 motor and it's on my Savage XL. I had some time today so I thought I would try and break in the motor since it's been waiting for about three months! Anyway after the first break in tank the engine died...no big deal, can be typical when breaking in a new motor. So I pull on the d@#n rope...like a good boy...and the DANG rope comes right off the handle!!!!!!!! I was PISSED!! I calmed down and said hell I'll just buy a new starter...BUT NOOOOOO...everywhere I look they are SOLD OUT!!! WTH...Does anyone k ow where I can get one?? I've looked everywhere I know to look. CRAZY!

Sorry to hear! Pull starts are no fun to fix! Anyway, I guess the question at hand (pun intended) is there enough rope before the break to just replace the handle and re-tie??? I KNOW messing with these things is a pain, but if the parts aren't available...

Nice! Hopefully it works out for you... Def post about how it goes!

I had this same problem with a VX18 last weekend. Had gotten it started, but due to other issues i later fixed it was not starting easily. So lots of pulls - nothing super hard or pulling the rope out all the way, just good quick pulls. I think mine may have rubbed against something on the chassis because it broke towards the middle of the rope.

Anyway I ended up using the bearing from the pull start as a drill start until i fix it. works fine for now, although i do prefer pull start over messing with a drill - just more gear to bring along.

the LRP engines are based on the SH series. This means that the SH (and redcat) rotostart and pull starters will fit the LRP engine. Also, you can install the HPI rotostart mechanism if you have the right starter shaft.

the LRP engines are based on the SH series. This means that the SH (and redcat) rotostart and pull starters will fit the LRP engine. Also, you can install the HPI rotostart mechanism if you have the right starter shaft.

Also ,the Hpi an Axial O-way 's ,an starters enterchange!...:cool:

The HPI 5.9 starter an o-way bearing fits the Axial 2.8 engines!