savage X overhaul

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well, i finally got another savage:celebrate: and I've been working it over.

heres a shot like it was when i got it.
2s6pp2w.gif

it was mostly just dirty (very dirty) SO, i did what any rc nutt would do.. i tore it completly apart!!:dance:

stripped the purple off the hpi parts, cleaned everything, and in the process of replacing the broken or worn parts.

the truck had a dual disk brake setup, rrp steel cb/spur, and a hump pack on it already.

I had the O.S. .30, the joes, a reverse setup, rx for my mx-3, fail safe, and a hitec 645. and got all that installed

so far I've ordered
ofna sliders, steering posts (one was broken), upright set (stole it off mine to fix shannons at the bash), fuel filter, antena tubes, integy chassis braces, and 14mm hexes.

still have to get a pipe (no plastic crap on here!!!) the wheelie bar, triple rate springs, a body, and some body posts (there worn pretty bad)

heres a few shots of the goodies

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

and heres a shot of it as it sets right now.

DSC01803.jpg

more pics later as i finish it up!

Looking good. Nice job cleaning it up. I just got done cleaning my savage up this week just to get it dirty again today. Got to love it though.

eNforcer said:
:cool:

Where did you order the antenna tubes from?

i had tower toss in a few with my order, 89c a peice with caps

olds97_lss said:
Seeing that engine made me almost hump my monitor... OS sure makes a nice looking engine.
I woud hate to be your monitor.

does that steel spur come with the savvy-x or is it aftermarket, please elaborate! thanks

greenwing7 said:
does that steel spur come with the savvy-x or is it aftermarket, please elaborate! thanks
Aftermarket bro.. Stock spur is a plastic one using a Dual slipper kit.

She's lookin very nice! How do you have your fuel line routed? Is that through the shock tower?

HeartBreak said:
She's lookin very nice! How do you have your fuel line routed? Is that through the shock tower?

yea its through the tower, makes for a nice little loop in the back to reach in and pinch the line to kill it if you want to. but i plan on putting the fuel filter back there and i also have a header tank i may install.

i also scored a hot bodies polished pipe, with hanger and bits, for $24.18 SHIPPED!! so now it will be runnable, just need a body and stuff.

Very nice! It's a good thing you've got the X rollbar setup on there... I've seen videos of what the os 30 will do.

beason said:
it was mostly just dirty (very dirty) SO, i did what any rc nutt would do.. i tore it completly apart!!:dance:
This rc nut would have had to take it out and break something first.

Looking good.

The only other thing is, the exhaust coupler you have on the .30 may not be thick enough to seal against the stock savage header. Somehow, the purple hpi one is about 2/3rds thicker than a normal gasket.

You might also want to put some heat shield on the fuel line, where it lays on the header (to prevent heated fuel hitting the carb).

the .30 vg is specificly for the savage, and came with a header gasket. and I'm gonna reroute the fuel line after i put in the fuel filter and header tank.

digger, i wanted to so bad!! but i stole parts off it so one of the other guys could keep bashing.....

man this thing is a beast!! i got everything but a body, a pipe, and some bearings for the steering.. heres a few shots of it beside my revo... its HUGE!!!
DSC01824.gif

DSC01827.gif

DSC01828.gif