Savage X Diff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since u have the big cups on the diffs and it's a 29t it sounds like u have the machined ring gear, u can also tell by the color. XL diff cups are also machined and defenitly a lot nicer more robust then the standard X parts.

Yea man the center cups do get chewed up quickly, the only thing u can really do to prevent them from notching out like that is to run LCG tvp's, I know that's not really an ideal solution to have to swap out ur chassis plates but it does slow down the wear rate as it places the tranny cups inline with the center dog bones and pinion cups.

I hear ya, look familiar?

cup_zpsad0244c2.gif

Looked brand new when installed; only ¾ a gallon run time with a .28. I have a bunch that look like it.

What engine did that to you driveshaft cups?........I must have one.lol

I hear ya, look familiar?

cup_zpsad0244c2.gif

Looked brand new when installed; only ¾ a gallon run time with a .28. I have a bunch that look like it.

What would they be worth for some hard pieces that won't do that? I have made them for myself and will be making some soon for olds97_lss. I'll have to do them very soon though,looks like I may be switching jobs and my custom part making is about to be over. At least until I get something at my house to make them on.

Thanks for the info EH23. I was unaware of the sintered 29T combo. I guess I'm getting farther out of the loop than I thought :\

Last edited:
No biggie man were all here to share info with each other, knowledge is power!

That sounds really cool man, what kind if parts are u turning out?

Universal big block kit for the revo for one. :) I got a prototype and have been running it for over a month. I think he also makes a header adapter for TRX2.5/3.3 type exhaust output flanges so you can run big block headers on engines like the picco drop in.

This is the mount he made:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105090

The finish on the following ones will be better, but to be honest, mine doesn't look bad at all. Even if it did... it's going to get nicked up anyway when running it.

As for cost of a replacement... depends on how long it lasts. The stockers retail at about $5 a piece. I'd pretty easily buy a few for twice that if they last twice as long, more if longer. Taking them out/replacing is a pain...

Last edited:
Sorry for changing the topic up a lil bit guys!, but I wanna know if I'm limited to savage based diffs?......if not then what fits, and are there any drawbacks?

---------- Post added at 1:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:31 AM ----------

Racer_1966 I'd buy a few sets for my savages if you got the time to fill some orders!

Back