Savage x bullet proof diff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmarcet85

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats up guys I've been thinking about upgrading my savage x ss diffs to the 9/29 bulletproof diffs. Hot racing also makes a 8/26 spiral cut ring in pinion that I know the spiral cut gears are better. Anybody uses either of these set ups and have any recommendations please feel free to comment. I'm leaning towards the 8/26 spiral cut which makes the ratio 3.25. My savage also has the 3 speed installed.

I'm going with the Hot Racing gears myself. I just think they should hold up to the most abuse. Less teeth for thicker cross section and spiral cut for increased mechanical strength.

they're nice and cost alot VS the 9/29 stock X gearing that i have not had any problems with

I use the hot racing helical cut ring/pinion sets for my MERV. So far they've held up longer than a stock set.

they're nice and cost alot VS the 9/29 stock X gearing that i have not had any problems with

+1 , put a beating on my 9/29 gears , proper shim job and never no problems with them .
100_2789.jpg

Last edited: