Savage X battery box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

person123

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey, I've got sort of a newbish sounding question, but I've spent hours trying to find a solution.

I have the savage x battery level indicator, a spektrum reciever, a hump pack, and a switch harness with an extra charging lead.

I can't find a good way to orient all of the wires. I would like to disconnect the battery when not in use, but it takes like 10 minutes to put the lid of the box back on. It is such a pain, and I am always worried that I am pinching or smashing wires.

If any of you guys have pictures of the inside of your battery box so that I can set up my wires like your's, please share them.

Thanks guys:bow:

yeppp same PROBLEM. i squish wires all the time

My setup is flawless, and I also have a reverse servo in there and a battery monitor connection.
Use the switch, tuck all your excess wires down in the rear, next to and under the servos, cut a notch in the side of the cover and hang your charging jack out.

Here's the new switch mounted outside where it's easy to get at. It also has the 3rd lead for the charger.
Switch.jpg

Cut a notch in the radio tray and run the charge jack outside, and snap the cover in place. You'll never have to disconnect anything again, and it will ONLY take a charge when the switch is in the OFF position.

ChargeJk.jpg