savage x 4.6 fuel tank o ring doesn't hold onto the cap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
hello! on my savage x 4.6 i noticed that the orange o ring for the fuel tank doesn't seem to seat nicely on the lid/cap. everytime i push the cap lid closed, the o ring seems to come out and it like half falls into the fuel tank opening. i inspected the o ring and it isnt brittle and looks perfectly like brand no. when i reinstall it on the lid it seats fine but when the lid is closed it seems to want to fall out as the tank kinda hits it at one side which makes it unseat

is the remedy just a new o ring? the old o ring looks compeletly fine.
anything else i can try or do to get it to seal?

thx

The o-ring has streached out it should be snug under the cap. Time for a replacement.

The o-ring has streached out it should be snug under the cap. Time for a replacement.
ahh makes sense! can i just superglue it to the cap temporarily? local hobby shop got nothin

or oon the other hand know any part number or size? thx!

You can measure the inside diameter and the cross section to find a size. It will need to be same color.
The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy!
You will have to buy a bunch.
Or Ebay.
I had the same problem with my kyosho inferno tanks. Lockley I found them at kyosho.com free shipping. $2 for 5 o-rings. 1/2 price I bought them all 10 packages.

Last edited:
You can always take the O ring to Home Depot and get a variety pack and there should be one that fit.

Back