savage shocks in a tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
will savage shocks fit in a tmaxx

I'm pretty sure they will in fact i think one of the ones on my maxx is a savage so yeah they will

thanks i found a set of 8 on ebay for 20 $. they are prefilled with 40 wt and springs all ready to go

No. They won't. They are way too long , you won't get full compression on landing and the arms will droop too far when in the air causing excess stress on the hinge pins, sliders and slider knuckles.

Savage shock extended length: 6.69 inches
Maxx shock extended Length: 4.25 inches

Savage shocks are over 2 inches longer when uncompressed.

Last edited:
Get yourself some Ofna 1/8 scale buggy springs (a four shock setup) and you'll be glad you did. It will just do everything better, handling, jumping, everything.

HPIM1912.gif

For $15 shipped it's kinda worth the gamble IMO. If all else fails get yourself a set of Traxxas Big Bore shocks. Everybody who's ever had them loves them, including myself.. and I've been through my share of TMaxx shocks.

They are Ofna 1/8 scale buggy shocks. I can't remember the exact model number though. They work awesome.

they look so beefy...I see you only need 4 instead of 8

i want higher ground clearance so the savage ones for that price would be an awesome thing to try. if they don't work ill have a full set for when i get my savage

Back