Savage Nitro brake not engaging when pressing the brake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldvod

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
It's fun but I don't have brakes. I'm lazy and I don't feel like taking the whole brake, transmission and stuff etc. off my vehicle. Basically the brake linkage doesn't press the pad/compress it. The servo moves it. If you need me to provide video and/or photos I will provide them but at the moment it's 9pm and I don't feel like troubleshooting an rc car. Any help is appreciated

Es macht Spaß, aber ich habe keine Bremsen. Ich bin faul und habe keine Lust, die ganze Bremse, das Getriebe und so weiter aus meinem Fahrzeug zu nehmen. Grundsätzlich drückt das Bremsgestänge nicht auf den Belag / komprimiert ihn nicht. Das Servo bewegt es. Wenn Sie Videos und/oder Fotos von mir benötigen, werde ich sie zur Verfügung stellen, aber I'm Moment ist es 21 Uhr und ich habe keine Lust, Fehler bei einem ferngesteuerten Auto zu beheben. Jede Hilfe ist willkommen
Yt
Es macht Spaß, aber ich habe keine Bremsen. Ich bin faul und habe keine Lust, die ganze Bremse, das Getriebe und so weiter aus meinem Fahrzeug zu nehmen. Grundsätzlich drückt das Bremsgestänge nicht auf den Belag / komprimiert ihn nicht. Das Servo bewegt es. Wenn Sie Videos und/oder Fotos von mir benötigen, werde ich sie zur Verfügung stellen, aber I'm Moment ist es 21 Uhr und ich habe keine Lust, Fehler bei einem ferngesteuerten Auto zu beheben. Jede Hilfe ist willkommen
You have to tie the breaks mor up at theyr screews

Hey there is the wire or whatever runs from the servo to the brake tight enough?
Yt

You have to tie the breaks mor up at theyr screews
Hes talking about the linkage that goes from the servo to the brakes. If it is loose, then it wont activate the brakes properly. Take a look at this, it might help: https://www.rctalk.com/savage-linkage-mod/
It seems like my servo doesn't go far enough to engage it

To get mine to work on my savage X without causing the slide on the servo horn to bind on the wire, I had to bend the wire going into the brake pivot rod. I bent the wire so it was almost perpendicular to the ground when it was almost applying brake. Then I'd put 2 collars on the wire by the servo horn, one that would push the brake wire back when applying throttle and the other to adjust when it pulled the brake forward to apply it (along with a bit of fuel like to soften it a bit). Without bending the wire, the wire would sit at a 60 degree angle forward before applying brake and go further when brake was applied, but it would hang in the slide and apply brake too early due to the angle. After bending, it would sit at 80 degree angle and locking the tires at 65 degrees.

Not sure why though. I had the dual pink disks on it at first, the wire was straight and worked fine. I put some FullForceRC carbon fiber disks on it that I believe were a bit thicker and then had to bend the wire to get it aligned well.

With the pink disks:
2012-1223-SavageX-Brakes02.JPG

Brake linkage:
2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

What I put on it when those died:
2019-0429-SavageX-FullForceRC-CFBrakeDisks01.jpg

Brake linkage with the bent wire:
2020-0318-SavageX-TankSideClose.jpg

To get mine to work on my savage X without causing the slide on the servo horn to bind on the wire, I had to bend the wire going into the brake pivot rod. I bent the wire so it was almost perpendicular to the ground when it was almost applying brake. Then I'd put 2 collars on the wire by the servo horn, one that would push the brake wire back when applying throttle and the other to adjust when it pulled the brake forward to apply it (along with a bit of fuel like to soften it a bit). Without bending the wire, the wire would sit at a 60 degree angle forward before applying brake and go further when brake was applied, but it would hang in the slide and apply brake too early due to the angle. After bending, it would sit at 80 degree angle and locking the tires at 65 degrees.

Not sure why though. I had the dual pink disks on it at first, the wire was straight and worked fine. I put some FullForceRC carbon fiber disks on it that I believe were a bit thicker and then had to bend the wire to get it aligned well.

With the pink disks:
2012-1223-SavageX-Brakes02.JPG

Brake linkage:
2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

What I put on it when those died:
2019-0429-SavageX-FullForceRC-CFBrakeDisks01.jpg

Brake linkage with the bent wire:
2020-0318-SavageX-TankSideClose.jpg
does it work now

Back