Savage Aluminum Diff Housing/Case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know where to get the housing the whole differential goes into for the savage that is made of aluminum?

I've checked GH, tower, new era, lightning hobby, dynamite, FLM and stormer... all I find is the diff cups, not the diff case.

Try ebay. GH does make them. You can find em on ebay for about 30$.

I got mine from Tower Hobbies.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXESX2
Good solid install, no problems with mis matched holes or alignment, only caution is the diffs can go into these cases either way. so check em before ya put em in. or you may have a truck that runs backwards. (not that i ever did that)

Olds have you been having problems with breaking the housings? I haven't had any problems with the plastic ones.

sweetdiesel said:
Olds have you been having problems with breaking the housings? I haven't had any problems with the plastic ones.

Not breaking, just stress and wear. It nocks off the alignment of the ring/pinion mesh and then you get chewed up gears.

HCR doesn't sell them. The only ones I've seen are the megatech ones that Neveran posted:
mtcc2868.jpg

Maybe you should suck my ....

I just hate taking the diffs apart and dropping $40 on new gears every 5 or 6 gallons. Making it last longer is better for me.

Harsh words, my savage will remember that when we meet again. (Big Joe Prints on top of your body) :deadhorse

1 Bad STi said:
Harsh words, my savage will remember that when we meet again. (Big Joe Prints on top of your body) :deadhorse

You mean "crooked" big joe prints right? :boxing: Hopefully, the next time I see you, you will have a mammoth with LST shocks and custom arms on it! I'd like to see that thing run.

We need to hook up again... rain sucks, humidity sucks. I think I'm just going to let my stuff rest for a few weeks. I need to maintain some things anyway.

Ya this weather def sux, but dont worry I've got a lil project up my sleeve to take care of this weather.