Ryan Anderson gettin' crazy in Son-uva Digger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have seen Ryan at Monster Jam here in Indy doing some really cool freestyle stuff, but I never saw him do this. This makes me want to buy the Losi Son-uva Digger just to try it 😜

My son really wants one. I was planning on getting the Kyosho USA-1 for him if it ever comes out. If it isn't available by August I probably will just grab the Losi.

That's some pretty impressive driving.

I have seen Ryan at Monster Jam here in Indy doing some really cool freestyle stuff, but I never saw him do this. This makes me want to buy the Losi Son-uva Digger just to try it 😜

Wow Ryan has really put some seat time in. Remember when he first started driven for his dad. All he could do was mash the gas go big or go home . The timing and throttle control to do that. So dam impressive. He'll yeah that AWESOME!!!!
Post automatically merged:

His dad Dennis was nuts behind the wheel of the Digger. But never did two wheel doughnuts to a back wheel pause to wheelie that was so sick awesome driven

WOW. Never been huge in to 1:1 monster trucks but it sure has come along way since the last time I've been to a rally. I'm super impressed

WOW. Never been huge in to 1:1 monster trucks but it sure has come along way since the last time I've been to a rally. I'm super impressed
Yeah, they are progressing like BMX did back in the day. Every other show or two someone comes out with a new trick it seems.

One of the coolest things I have seen in Monster Jam is this front flip at 2:00 in on this vid...

I havent been to a MT rally in 20+ years. I had no idea.
I have a 9 year old boy. So I kinda have to stay up to date with it all. But I have been a fan since USA-1 and Bigfoot had their first race.

That front flip was insane!
Yeah, the trucks have become so safe they can land on their roof from like 30' in the air and laugh it off. So the drivers are getting a bit braver.

^^^^ This! I had no idea they did all the freestyle stuff now, lat time I saw them it was all about crushing things and big air. That front flip was way cool!

^^^^ This! I had no idea they did all the freestyle stuff now, lat time I saw them it was all about crushing things and big air. That front flip was way cool!
Yeah, they don't really crush stuff anymore. About 10-15 years ago the freestyle courses still had old camper trailers and stuff they could smash through for points, but I assume for safety reasons they did away with all that stuff. Debris flying into the crowd and all ya know?

That doesn't mean the drivers don't do a little smashing of their own though. Tom Meents did a video of him smashing his old house, but I can't find anything but an image. In this image, he completely cleared his house, and probably could have cleared 3 of them. After that jump he completely destroyed it, which was actually pretty crazy, because shrapnel could have easily skewered him in the open cage.
f05d2b88c761b9036eb8ceb49f0fd845.jpg

Everybody always goes on and on about how Dennis Anderson in Grave Digger was just the greatest (and he was awesome!). But Tom Meents was an absolute madman.

Yeah, they don't really crush stuff anymore. About 10-15 years ago the freestyle courses still had old camper trailers and stuff they could smash through for points, but I assume for safety reasons they did away with all that stuff. Debris flying into the crowd and all ya know?

That doesn't mean the drivers don't do a little smashing of their own though. Tom Meents did a video of him smashing his old house, but I can't find anything but an image. In this image, he completely cleared his house, and probably could have cleared 3 of them. After that jump he completely destroyed it, which was actually pretty crazy, because shrapnel could have easily skewered him in the open cage.
View attachment 129389
Everybody always goes on and on about how Dennis Anderson in Grave Digger was just the greatest (and he was awesome!). But Tom Meents was an absolute madman.
Tom meents is insane!! 100% agree on that

Yea no more car crushing. Sad thats how it was when we grew up. It's all about BIG air, freestyle , and racing, these days.

Tom meents is insane!! 100% agree on that

Yea no more car crushing. Sad thats how it was when we grew up. It's all about BIG air, freestyle , and racing, these days.
Yeah, the very first monster truck race was done at like 5mph lol. Now the trucks would run respectable 1/4 mile times.

Yeah, the very first monster truck race was done at like 5mph lol. Now the trucks would run respectable 1/4 mile times.
Yup it was so sad to watch those monsters crawl with 1000hp in them but fun. But as a kid in the 80s. That's all we knew. But now it's insane and they are driven the way those trucks should be drove. And beat the piss out of. Respectively 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think I missed my calling in life! 🤣
Rite!!! There's alot that no one talks about in school other then lawyers doctors police fire judges teachers. I could go on . Those are good jobs. But I could have become a operator and drive big machinery and play in dirt all day. Or drive monster trucks Theres alot more out there that would have instrest me then working behind a desk or office. And make over 6 figures. Dam school and society. Think out side the box. Nothing wrong with being a pencil pusher. But that's not for me. To each their own. 👍👍👍

Rite!!! There's alot that no one talks about in school other then lawyers doctors police fire judges teachers. I could go on . Those are good jobs. But I could have become a operator and drive big machinery and play in dirt all day. Or drive monster trucks Theres alot more out there that would have instrest me then working behind a desk or office. And make over 6 figures. Dam school and society. Think out side the box. Nothing wrong with being a pencil pusher. But that's not for me. To each their own. 👍👍👍
Yeah, that is why I graduated having no clue what I wanted to do. If monster truck driver was actually a class though, I bet they would have had to fire half the other teachers of elective classes 😜

Speaking of Tom Meents

Last edited:
Back