Rustler MIP Axel question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm looking at getting the steel MIP axles for my Rustler but I see they have a set that are CVDs on both ends and a set that is CVDs on one end and dog bones on the other. Does it really matter which ones I get? These will be used one my new Snowmobile Rustler with the Castle 2200kv on 4S so I guess I'm wondering if the dog bones will hold up as well as the others cuz theyre a fair amount cheaper. Anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

I run cvd. On both ends on my wraith. I'm running 3s with a tekin 3300kv pro4. Haven't had a problem yet and I'm not easy on it either. If I can't crawl up it or make it up I mash the trigger and watch fly up or a massive fail. Mip is the way to go.tho.

Have you considered the Tekno axles? They are cheaper and in my opinion a better solution. I have had hell with a set of MIP's on my brothers 4x4 slash. They constantly lose the pins out of the cvd cup and then you are done running. We replaced his fronts with the tekno dogbones and have not had a problem with them at all. Will probably be getting the rear Tekno setup on the next amain order.

Also the teknos are much cheaper than the MIP.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

crap just typed all that and then realized you said rustler not slash. Dont know if tekno makes a set for the rustler or if the slash kill will fit the rustler.

Yeah sorry I accidently posted this in the SCT forum and I meant to do it in the Stadium truck forum. I'm reporting this thread to see if I can get it moved to the right forum heh. No I hadnt considered the Teknos, I wonder if they make them for the Rusty?

They dont make a kit for the rusty but you can buy the slash 4x4 kit and use all of the hardware and carriers and then buy tekno part no#2210 which is a longer set of dogbones intended for the scte.

You may want to call tekno and make sure that is the right setup but I think thats what everyone is using on the rusty.

I'll probably just stick with the MIPs but not sure which set...