Rustler Lid..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
This is my third painted lid, second with airbrush. My daughter did a great job picking the decals and color scheme for her new lid. Wasn't too tricky, but I did get to practice on the carbon fiber look again. Came out much better than my first try at it.
I have a question though. How much paint do you guys go through when using flouscents? Seems kinda hard to get decent coverage out of them. I backed the hot pink with white when it got less transparent, but it took almost half a bottle of pink.

Last edited:
Honestly you'd be amazed at how little paint it can take. The most important thing is to apply the florescent until it's uniform. Doesn't have to be thick. It might look light at transparent. But once you hit it with the white it will seriously pop.

Nice looking lid all in all. The lines look nice and clean and all the colors are nice and neat. Very nice indeed.

Thanks. Getting uniform coverage with it was kicking my butt. Everytime I held it up to the light there was somewhere I missed. I had to play with air pressure a little bit also because it lays on so thin.

God that is a beautiful paint scheme, great job indeed!!

Thanks guys, much appreciated!! I'm having fun with it!

Back