Running Rich?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase125

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey guys, got a kyshoo inferno mp9 tki3 i think it's running a bit to much rich quite a bit of smoke from thee exhaust and the casing where the exhaust is seems a bit oily? I want to know what screw and what way I need to turn for it not to be as rich. Cheers.

You would turn it clockwise to lean it out some. Do you have a temp gun? If not get one, tuning will be much simpler if you know exactly what temps your engine is running at.

I do have a temp gun Yeh, witch screw is it on the carb? The one what sits flush with end?

You should have two screws (needles) the one on the side should be low speed. The High Speed should kind of stick up between the air filter and cooling head.

So is it the LSN I need to adjust?

So is it the LSN I need to adjust?
The HSN adjusts the air to fuel ratio at the higher speeds, the LSN adjusts fuel air at lower speeds/acceleration and the Idle adjusts the tick over speed of the engine. All can be found out in the link posted a few posts above :)

I'm only running like 70 degrees it does smoke a bit when acceleration? Bit to much I think. I was running yesterday and it was about to run out of fuel I was on full throttle and suddenly went really well as it was about to run out so I know there's more potential I can get out of it

Good point, I hadn't thought he might be talking celsius

But even at that 70c is = to 158f still too cool to run properly

Gaj what screw do I need to adjust to lean it out and clockwise or anti clockwise?

Gaj what screw do I need to adjust to lean it out and clockwise or anti clockwise?

Normaly ,I don't give tuning advice ,but if your rig is running real rich you can lean it by turning
Hsn needle Inward {clockwise}.The needle would be the one that points upward at the top of the carb.

If it is real rich ,then start with a 1/4 turn an after that ,1/8 turn increments.Monitor the temps after each
turn .
As you do each turn,give your rig a run down the road & check temp when you bring it back.

Don't lean too much at a time!
This will get you started until you get some proper help.
Don't lean it out nomore than a half a turn until you get proper advice!

Thanks for the help guys, I've been tweeking the hsn today it's definitely getting there it used to run around 70 degrees mark now up near the hundreds so just a bit more on the hsn and I should be there

I'm sure it's Celsius. He's across the pond. Wiltshire I believe.

Back