Running problems with new car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iainl80

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone I am new to this. Just bought a nitro car with a go .18 engine. I have tried starting it as per the instructions and not changed anything on the engine. The problem I am having is that I get the engine running but then I touch the throttle and it dies. Sometimes it will idle ok and sometimes it will be a pig to start. The fuel is right for the car I've primed it as it says. (Mine has no primer on the tank so so it by covering exhaust and pulling starter) I've tried this and emptied all excess fuel out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lean it a hair on both needles and preheat it with a hair dryer or heat gun. New engines are tight. The heat expands the internals, allowing the engine to spin and start easier.

Ok will try that. I did have it running for about a minute just idling but cuts out as soon as touch throttle. Do I need to alter the low speed/high speed settings? Is there an easier way to prime mine apart from changing fuel tank?

You don't want a tank with a primer. Just another place for a leak. I'd start by leaning the lsn 1/8th turn. Then see if it will take throttle.