RS4 Engine/TRans. Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Later on in life when my .15fe cuts out. I'm rebuilding it with many internal portings and selling it. So I'll need a new enegine thats faster. Will most any engines work for with the HPI 2 speed trans or will i have to stay with a HPI engine.

Waste land there are many aftermarket engines that will work with all of the stock stuff you have. There are also many aftermarket engines that will have way more power than the stock fe. Check out Fantom engines they have great power for the price. Even their smallest .12 has more power than the fe.
www.fantommotors.com

I knew that made more powerful engine than that FE, lol. this is my first touring car...I'm doing mods to the car mostly and keeping the enegine stock until i sell it. what about a Wasp .tubo on this thing. I've heard good things about phantom and ofna

It really depends on what you want. You will not be able to get an engine with a S/G shaft if you want everything to work with stock. Just a regular threaded crank. Also do you want a side or rear exhaust motor. I know that the header that the fe comes with is more of a manifold than header. It is very restrictive. If you want a side exhaust take a look at the RS4 3 Header and a good tuned pipe and you will be smokin. Even if you get a rear exhaust motor an RDLogics pipe and header would serve you well. Late

my FE has a Dynamite tuned pipe and header alreayd. I'm just saying i dont wanna invest money in a 2 speed if i can't use when i chance motors

YES if you get a standard shaft it will be no problem. If you get something with an S/G shaft or short shaft there will be mods but they will however work.

Another option you might look into is HPI's engine exchange program. You can send them your .15FE minus the flywheel & air filter along with $99 and get a Brand new .12 HPI/ Novarossi motor rated at 1+ hp. There are more powerul motors but this is a great deal for the $. Also the having the most powerful motor is only advantageous on tracks with large straights. If you run tracks with really tight corners & short straights it's all about shocks, tires, & ride height.
Good Luck M8

Back