RS4 3 SS Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andres0286

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So as a few of you know, I'm in the process of rebuilding my RS4 3 SS. A lot has changed from when I used to run these RC's to now so I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What fuel are you guys using?

2. What glow plug to go with the fuel? Looked at OS#8 and saw they have a #7 now that may give some better performance.

3. What could be used for the backplate gasket? I haven't been able to find a gasket set for the .12r engine

Yo, how's it going? I use Sidewinder 20% fuel, it's pretty good. I was on Byron's 16% but that's not finished.

I use the HPI B6 and 7, but I'm sure the OS 7 would be fine. What sort of weather are you running it in? Humidity? Look at the OS plug charts to see which conditions best suit. Must confess I stick to the HPI B6 standard cold plug does just fine. The engines aren't hard to tune (if you don't have an air leak, which one of mine does currently).

Gasket question has me stumped I'm afraid, not an engine I'm using. Good luck with that anyway

Yo, how's it going? I use Sidewinder 20% fuel, it's pretty good. I was on Byron's 16% but that's not finished.

I use the HPI B6 and 7, but I'm sure the OS 7 would be fine. What sort of weather are you running it in? Humidity? Look at the OS plug charts to see which conditions best suit. Must confess I stick to the HPI B6 standard cold plug does just fine. The engines aren't hard to tune (if you don't have an air leak, which one of mine does currently).

Gasket question has me stumped I'm afraid, not an engine I'm using. Good luck with that anyway
Hey! thanks for the reply. I'm down in FL so weather is hot and humid. Currently I have the carb in pieces, the engine in pieces and the 2-speed clutch in pieces. Waiting on bits of parts to show up and the bearings so I can start with fresh bearings.