rrp foward only gears? any one else have them?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megatmaxx

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well i got all the rrp forward gears in my tranny, basicly includes the forward only and forward primary gear. i was just woundering if any one has this set up and how it was holding up. I've had mine for a while now and its running smooth. but i heard the aluminume will wear out and flake off and cause other tranny problems such as stripping of the 2 speed and stuff like that. is that true? I'm asking because I'm not really sure i never worked with aluminume gears

When I installed the FOC I also installed the rest of the RRP gears as well. It is an ALL metal setup in the tranny and I have had NO problems with it ever. I think a majority of the people you will hear of chewing up steel or alum gears in the tranny will be the folks running .21's.

just my 2 cents.........

I think Chris hit it on the nail. You can run pretty much stock TRX stuff as long as you don't go big block. I was under the misconception that you needed cvd's and lots of other stuff but actually as long as you stay with a Small block you should be cool with what ever you do even with the bad boy 2.5 I think you will be cool. X

I've used the forward only in my maxx for a while and all my gears are plastic. Everything is holding up great and i noticed the improvement right away. I will say if you go big block then you will start to strip gears and twist drive shafts. On my old .21 maxx I had an OS 21 and twisted my drive shafts, Stripped the plastic tranny gears, and stripped my front diff gears in one week.

:bandit:

Back