RPM A-arms for the Savage and Savage X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
For all everyone looking to shed some unwanted, unsprung weight, RPM has you covered! RPM Savage X A-arms weigh in at less than the stock Savage A-arms due to our low profile designs. The low profile combined with the beveled leading and trailing edges of the RPM Savage X A-arms prevents them from hanging as low as the stock versions and allows the RPM Savage X A-arms to ride up and over obstacles versus slamming into them.

RPM Savage and Savage-X A-arms have been...

Read More...

It's about time RPM came out with arms for the Savage. Nice find Woodie.

Wow. I come on the site and the first thing see is this. I dont have a savage at the moment but thats awsome. It's about time Rpm made some for the savage. Now the savage is unbreakable. Nice find Woodie.

I was just thinking the same thing, NC. That's one huge plus to the SS that I built. I'd really like to see the RPMs adjust.

NCNitro said:
I don't like the fact the upper arms are not adjustable.
Thats exactly what I was thinking! They should have known to make them adjustable like the LST ones. Still a step in the reight direction!

The two upper A-arms give the end-user the option of a stock, zero-degree camber angle in a fixed length A-arm, or a negative two-degree camber angle A-arm. By using fixed length upper A-arms instead of an adjustable style camber rod set-up, RPM has kept the weight of their upper A-arms to a minimum while providing the maximum amount of durability...(read more...)

How much more adjustable are you guys wanting? I like the idea that one of them come pre-made with a two degree angle - this way I don't have to make sure I've set the chamber correctly. Just install and done!

-Michael

WoodiE said:
How much more adjustable are you guys wanting? I like the idea that one of them come pre-made with a two degree angle - this way I don't have to make sure I've set the chamber correctly. Just install and done!

-Michael
We like to have that option so we as the end users can have the ability to tune as much as possible. So we're picky but I am sure the savage owners are giddy of this new option.

Well... you could always keep the SS arms for the top and RPM for the bottom. It's the bottom one that gets almost all of the beating anyway.

I wonder why they made them... I have yet to break a savage arm. My last set were worn, but that was just at the hingepin holes from 16 gallons of use.

olds97_lss said:
Well... you could always keep the SS arms for the top and RPM for the bottom. It's the bottom one that gets almost all of the beating anyway..

Not a bad idea.

olds97_lss said:
I wonder why they made them... I have yet to break a savage arm. My last set were worn, but that was just at the hingepin holes from 16 gallons of use.

I have never broke one either, in almost three years...

You could probably make the top arm adjustable, however voiding the warranty. Cut about half an inch out of the middle of the arm, and get a hold of some of the threaded rods HPI uses in their arms. Drill a hole in both ends, and boom! done.

now rpm needs to make is a upright set for the savage

P1010167.jpg

then the savage would be bulletproof

Last edited by a moderator:
Man!!!! I've never busted one of those! I've broken the ear off where the turnbuckle goes about 4 times (over the course of 3 years), but that's it! What did you do? Are you using some really wide rims or something?

cool, but how does changing the camber affect performance. I know what camber is and everything but what are the performance differences between the zero and negative 2 degrees? Advantages and Disadvantages?

Back