RPM A-Arm ????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have had problems with the "chrome" stripping off. As for the washer, no I hadn't heard that. I can't quite figure how that would keep the center of the rim from cracking, but if it works I'll try it. I simply bought a spare pair to replace them as they break, and I send them back to RPM. I have only cracked one rim to date, but the way I fly and land anything is possible. Regardless, I am happy with the performance of the rims...even while cracked the rim worked and made it through two bash sessions before I decided to replace it.

Originally posted by Niffken
i am going to try this from rpm

80152 T-Maxx / E-Maxx Bulkhead Braces - Black
While RPM does make great products I think the bulkhead braces are pretty much a waste of time and money. The stock traxxas ones on my t-maxx will take time and time again jumps to a height of 10 plus feet and full speed landings and ask for more.

I was under the impression that the builkhead braces had more flex (without cracking) than the stock. Which essentially would allow more energy from a fall to be absorbed by them. Hopefully resulting in less broken bulkheads ;)

I'm not 100% certain though. Can someone clarify this?

-Chris

I don't know that it is all that important, but the bulkhead braces are basically there to complete the "Box beam" design of the bulkheads and strengthen them in that fashion. As for the flex of a more resilient plastic, adding to the absorption of energy from a hard landing or severe frontal/rear impact...interesting theory.

I run with aluminum bullkhead braces and have yet to break a single stock bulkhead. In fact, just about everything that connects to my stock bulks is Al or Ti. Have taken many a casualty from horrid landings and severe impacts, but the bulkheads are still the set that came out of the box on the truck back in March of this year...

Hey man, if you're in deniel about the RPM's, Remember Sunday? Our little head on meeting? Who broke and who didn't? 'Nuff said???

I'm just busting on you dude! You are right, the RPM's are a little heavier, but not much and deffinately worth it. You've seen me drive, and even I haven't broken one yet!

Yeah I have seen you drive, and if anyone needs unbreakable stuff its you! I did not break them when you slammed into me recklessly, I broke them on that last landing. Anyway a friend of mine just gave me a complete new set of stock arms so for the moment I am just gonna use those, and I'll have plenty of spares. Maybe its all the extra weight of those arms slowing your truck down, naw.... actually it is most likely that Fantom, haha.

Originally posted by NCNitro
Yeah I have seen you drive, and if anyone needs unbreakable stuff its you! I did not break them when you slammed into me recklessly, I broke them on that last landing. Anyway a friend of mine just gave me a complete new set of stock arms so for the moment I am just gonna use those, and I'll have plenty of spares. Maybe its all the extra weight of those arms slowing your truck down, naw.... actually it is most likely that Fantom, haha.

I will attempt to adderss these "Issues" 1 by 1.

1) As for my needing unbreakable stuff, How much stuff did you break? Hmmm......I think we know who needs a little beefing up.
2) "Slammed into recklessly"? We're still waiting for the jury on that one!
3) Slowing me down, well, at least I wasn't breaking down!!

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I was under the impression that the builkhead braces had more flex (without cracking) than the stock. Which essentially would allow more energy from a fall to be absorbed by them. Hopefully resulting in less broken bulkheads ;)

I'm not 100% certain though. Can someone clarify this?

-Chris
I have replaced my front bulkheads but am waiting to replace the rear. The only thing that I noticed was messed up on the front end was the screws and the pins which were bent pretty bad. The bulkheads and the braces looked like they were brand new, well aside from the dirt on them.

Back