Rough day for the rival mt10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So after all my braging about how i liked my rival mt10 more than my bigrock. S**t hit the fan with it pretty good today. The other day the steering servo took a dump. Ordered this and it came today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MU7TQV8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Fit good and is faster than the stock one. Charged up some batterys and the brand new oem servo horn i put on lasted about half of a 2s pack. Stripped the splines out of it. Put the metal servo horn on that the servo came with, had to trim the bulk head to clear the arm as its longer, and i do not like the angle of the steering linkage now. Went back out put a 3s pack in, lost a wheel nut in about 5min. Put a new one on and was back at it. About 5 min later i did a few good cart wheels, heard an odd pop. Limped it back and yep finally broke a control arm. When researching before i bought it i seen they were a weak link. So i have a spare full set of rpm arms waiting in a tote for it. Ohh well stuff happens.. the bigrock made it through 2 packs no issues haha

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_173251672.jpg
    IMG_20220507_173251672.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20220507_173302999.jpg
    IMG_20220507_173302999.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20220507_173318566.jpg
    IMG_20220507_173318566.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 63
So after all my braging about how i liked my rival mt10 more than my bigrock. S**t hit the fan with it pretty good today. The other day the steering servo took a dump. Ordered this and it came today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MU7TQV8?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Fit good and is faster than the stock one. Charged up some batterys and the brand new oem servo horn i put on lasted about half of a 2s pack. Stripped the splines out of it. Put the metal servo horn on that the servo came with, had to trim the bulk head to clear the arm as its longer, and i do not like the angle of the steering linkage now. Went back out put a 3s pack in, lost a wheel nut in about 5min. Put a new one on and was back at it. About 5 min later i did a few good cart wheels, heard an odd pop. Limped it back and yep finally broke a control arm. When researching before i bought it i seen they were a weak link. So i have a spare full set of rpm arms waiting in a tote for it. Ohh well stuff happens.. the bigrock made it through 2 packs no issues haha

You are going to like the RPM a-arms ,they are more flexible an dont snap ,I still have mine from
16 years ago an I still bash the truck hard today!..:thumbs-up::cool:

I still like the Rival MT10 over the Big Rock! Way more tuning options plus the center diff! I hate the stupid power module design in the Arrma 3s 4x4 line...just a pain. However, putting different tires on the BR made a huge difference.

Throw some RPM arms on the MT10 and you'll be good to go!

Back