roto start ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't the HPI Roto Start have a dogbone-like end? If so it will not work as the Tiger Drive uses a hex-end on the driver.

Last edited:
i dont thaink that comes with the tiger drive. and the tiger drive is only 20 bucks and all you need is a drill and a shaft

the tiger drive works good idk about the rotostart.

Alman: Check out the Losi Spin Start. I believe the shaft is the same diameter, but I am not positive.

All you really need to do is get the correct size hex drive about 8-12" in length and chuck it up in a cordless drill...

maybe this one will work or can u use a differant shaft in the rotostart for the tiger drive

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-OFNA-RO...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Yes, that OFNA backing plate WILL work with the Roto Start drive!

Last edited:
ill check it out. i just thought the roto start would be easyer to carry around than a drill

just get a t handle ball end allen wrench size 5.5 the wrench is around 3 to 5$ just cut the T off and you got your drive shaft justdo what rc addict said if you do what i said you will save your self 10 15$

the do make a roto start for these its like 40$

i have a xtm sure start i can sell you. $35.95 shipped. its a portable drill powered by a 7.2v battery pack. and it has a drill bit . it comes with all kinds of plates for diffrent kinds of engines. Send me a PM. i accept Money orders only.

it looks like this and comes with everything in the picture.

v2xkja.jpg

just get a t handle ball end allen wrench size 5.5 the wrench is around 3 to 5$ just cut the T off and you got your drive shaft justdo what rc addict said if you do what i said you will save your self 10 15$

the do make a roto start for these its like 40$

That's what i did and it works like a charm. I had a 7/32 L shaped hex laying around. Cut the L off and threw it in a drill. If you do this, make sure your drill has a torque setting and set it to slip. That way if your engine gets flooded, it wont shred it.