roto start ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RC Addict

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Doesn't the HPI Roto Start have a dogbone-like end? If so it will not work as the Tiger Drive uses a hex-end on the driver.

Last edited:

qaart

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i dont thaink that comes with the tiger drive. and the tiger drive is only 20 bucks and all you need is a drill and a shaft

qaart

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
the tiger drive works good idk about the rotostart.

RC Addict

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alman: Check out the Losi Spin Start. I believe the shaft is the same diameter, but I am not positive.

All you really need to do is get the correct size hex drive about 8-12" in length and chuck it up in a cordless drill...

maybe this one will work or can u use a differant shaft in the rotostart for the tiger drive

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-OFNA-RO...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Yes, that OFNA backing plate WILL work with the Roto Start drive!

Last edited:

alman

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ill check it out. i just thought the roto start would be easyer to carry around than a drill

qaart

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
just get a t handle ball end allen wrench size 5.5 the wrench is around 3 to 5$ just cut the T off and you got your drive shaft justdo what rc addict said if you do what i said you will save your self 10 15$

the do make a roto start for these its like 40$

Revo3.3Racer

RCNT Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a xtm sure start i can sell you. $35.95 shipped. its a portable drill powered by a 7.2v battery pack. and it has a drill bit . it comes with all kinds of plates for diffrent kinds of engines. Send me a PM. i accept Money orders only.

it looks like this and comes with everything in the picture.

v2xkja.jpg

WildT

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just get a t handle ball end allen wrench size 5.5 the wrench is around 3 to 5$ just cut the T off and you got your drive shaft justdo what rc addict said if you do what i said you will save your self 10 15$

the do make a roto start for these its like 40$

That's what i did and it works like a charm. I had a 7/32 L shaped hex laying around. Cut the L off and threw it in a drill. If you do this, make sure your drill has a torque setting and set it to slip. That way if your engine gets flooded, it wont shred it.