Roll Cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWadzRC

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, my buggy is an Ansmann Virus 1/8th, with a AR.21 Force engine.
Because i always run without a shell, i would like to make a roll cage for it. i have some of this glue, which is called Liquid Metal, by bostik or something and it bonds pretty much anything, i am going to use this to stick the rods together, a mechanic told me its almost as strong as a weld. so, firstly what metal should i use, and then how should i mount it to the body posts?
Hope someone has experience of this, thanks for reading.

:)

if the purpose of this project is to increase durability I have one brutally honest opinion. Ditch the cage idea and run with a body. Sorry bud :shrug:

The only "cool" looking rollcages I've seen are the steel type. I've seen people have success with PVC cages but they look horrible (although seem to work very very well).

Small brake line would be easy enough to work with for a mock up. Then copy it with 3/16" steel bar stock?... I'd find somebody to tack weld it together though. If that glue's a 2 part epoxy, it's gonna be messy to work with. Any glue is gonna be messy for that matter. Any smaller mig welder would do the trick. Keep in mind that a cage is heavier than a body, so the trickle down effect may be compromised handling and more breakage to arms, carriers and such.

have a look at the GV rail caged 1/8 buggy. they are standard with a roll cage

re rollcage

Brazing or silver solder is another option if your hell bent with the glue go with JB weld that will work as far as material try to find thin wall steel tubing plain no kinda coating check internet for a source!good luck:\

Last edited:
Back