roll cage????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduce77

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
how does every one feel about putting a roll cage on? is it to much weight? what is a good one to get?

I have one on my T-Maxx. It makes working on some things more difficult,but overall I like the extra protection it provides. I think mine is from RCRaven but I bought it used.

Not a big fan of cages, but I do like roll bars. New era makes some great ones. I had their 3-point roll bar back in the day and it was indestructible. Did a good job keeping the body from crumpling and keeping the engine safe.

THey have another one out now though that I would probably by if I had a maxx:
http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=3156

Not sure what this is, but I'd guess it's a leg or something to go towards the front with the above:
http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=8461

I got the aluminum one from badazzrc on ebay. very strong! I was going through a body every gallon or two so i run bodyless now.just had to get used to the extra weight & add spacers on the shocks. i like the alum. one because ti protects the motor too.wouldnt recomend for street though just dirt!

I've heard from local hobby shops that a lot of the metal roll cages interfere with the radio systems. I'm a fan of nylon ones cause because plastic these days is often stronger then a lot of metals.

You're right olds New Era does make a good roll hoop. They make alot of good stuff I love their bulkheads.