Roll cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it depends on what truck you have, and how much protection you need. i bought a rollcage for my jato, it had so much wieght up hi it handled like a pig. iam getting ready to build one for my t-max, out of fuel line tubing. i bought a shock tower that had a round hole for the body mounts, that i had to drill out for 5/16 fuel tubing. dont for get all tubing is measured on the od. any way, iam planing on useing very little tubing just enough to do the job. i just saw that you are in the U.K. 5/16 in metric is 7.95 mm just for a reference.

I make my own usually out of 5/16" or 1/4" cold rolled steel rod. I made one recently for my jato to try and protect the rear shock tower and engine. I kept busting rear towers last season and this is my last resort.

the welding rod has more weight than my 5/16 tubing. how ever ill bet the rod is easer to weld. ill most likely braze mine. after reading about how other people bash/race, i am not as hard as most on the trucks. i only bash on pavenent cause it gets to dirty on grass/dirt.

Jeez Ralph has already gotten to this one:D you know that they clean up right. We are just giving you crap have fun.

you guys are great. iam trying to think of something funny. as long as i have been around you would think i could come up with something funny. i guess i could say something about how much older i am. yea i have shocks older than most of my friends on this site.