rocket powered

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raceman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just made a rocket powered truck today. The thing looks sweet. what i made it with is some zipties, squriell call, and and estes rocket motor. the thing looks so cool i will have pics up in a little bit for people that wanna see. when i test it I'm gonna make a movie to see if it flies like a rocket or explodes like a firwork or oesnt even work at all. :naughty: :stickup: do you guys thin it will work?

Don't know but I'd like to see pics of it.

sounds pretty cool and fun. can't wait to see the pics

Post some pics you prolbaly wont be able to control it

here they are

Attachments

• dvc00233.jpg
    dvc00233.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 158
heres another one

Attachments

• dvc00235.jpg
    dvc00235.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 149
heres the last one

Attachments

• dvc00234.jpg
    dvc00234.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 134
Just test it out and let us now how it does.

ya i doubt i will be able to control it but it will still be cool

well ill probably test it out tomorrow and I'm gonna make a video of it

Is this a light truck? The engines in model rockets are usually a significant portion of the weight of the whole rocket.

If I was going to make a solid-fuel powered truck out of, say a stadium truck, I'd start with a cluster of about four D-sized engines.

OK, 2 things I'm thinking.

First, you gotta make sure that thing is mounted straight. If not, you're going to get one hell of a thrust vector and the truck will take off at some weird angle.

Second, if I'm not mistaken, they make rocket engines that don't have a charge to release the recovery shute, right? Because I would worry that the recovery charge would blow the back right off the truck.

The good thing is that you have a mount with a sealed end. If you do a Google search and look for the Orange County T-Maxx club or something like that, someone was experimenting with rocket engines on the back of their Maxx. In one experiment, they had an open ended mount and it pretty much melted the back of his truck. It was a mess.

Hell, I say go for it. But be prepared to have to replace a few things....

This is great! I think you might get it to go 30 feet or so! truck may still be a little heavy for a small rocket engine! but hey, I am as curious as the next guy!, can't wait to see it! I sure would hate to see you blow up a perfectly good duck call though!

What are you using to ignite the engine? Is there a way you can ignite it as you are driving? It'd be really cool to see how it does if you were in a large parking lot already going at top speed, and then kick that thing on and see what happens.......

take the motor out so it dos not hold it back

Back