Rival mt10 power loss

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Took my new rival out for its first real run today. About 20 degrees out and ground is all snow. Ran good and fast for about a half hr . Then it stopped and got stuck in a drift got it out. Went to take off again started off normall then lost speed and kept getting slower like an old nicad battery would. So i assumed it was dead. Got back to the porch took the body off got all loose snow off. Turned it back on and it had full power again. At that point i took it in to put up. I put the battery on the charger so i could put it in storage mode and it showed 7.8 volts still. Is what i experianced a dead battery issue or some thing else?

Took my new rival out for its first real run today. About 20 degrees out and ground is all snow. Ran good and fast for about a half hr . Then it stopped and got stuck in a drift got it out. Went to take off again started off normall then lost speed and kept getting slower like an old nicad battery would. So i assumed it was dead. Got back to the porch took the body off got all loose snow off. Turned it back on and it had full power again. At that point i took it in to put up. I put the battery on the charger so i could put it in storage mode and it showed 7.8 volts still. Is what i experianced a dead battery issue or some thing else?
What battery is it again? 30 minutes run time is unheard of.

That's good. It's in LiPo mode. So when it cuts off in power, pull your battery and check the voltage right away. That will tell you where the cuttoff is (roughly). I looked at the manual, and I don't see a way to adjust the cuttoff value. 7.8 is kinda high for 2s to cuttoff at. Maybe you didn't hit it and just had a little water cause a glitch.

Just so you know, waterproof is not completely foolproof when it comes to RC. Water can still cause issues, especially with receivers and servos. I stopped running my RC's in wet conditions mainly because of rust. But I have had supposedly waterproof electronics fail after hitting a shallow puddle.

Thats all i could think of. I was running it with the dust cover but it does not cover the tranmitter box

sound like typical lipo cut off not water. at 7.8 when you pull the trigger cut off mode will occur.

Yeah, probably a little voltage drop. I can't find what the cuttoff is in the manual, and it doesn't appear to be adjustable.