Mt10 rival rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopastop1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
How can I make my rival MT10, faster than when I bought it? 1st 3 runs out of the Box it would wheelie. Overall speed isn't the issue. But it won't really from take off . Also I have to come to a complete stop before I can put it into reverse or into drive from reverse
It won't wheelie from take off...

What motor from the factory? If its brushed, you may need a new brushed motor. Sometimes they wear prematurely. If the motor has good speed, you may be able to add a little weight to the truck.

Also check if your slipper nut is tight. After that, make sure the shocks are all the same, no weaker ones and with fluid. The last thing I can think of is the tires may not have traction.

A lower kv brushless sensored setup will give you gobs of torque, just saying.

It's normal to have to come to a complete stop before reversing with a brushless motor. The lack of speed when going from a standstill is probably from the motor cogging, that can be fixed with an (expensive) sensored brushless motor and ESC.

Perhaps, within the first three runs, the motor was allowed to overheat, and the magnets have lost their strength?

Moving forward, I'd look into 3660 sized motor for when the time comes for replacement.

Chopa, try dropping to an 11-tooth pinion. If speed is not an issue, that should help launch. Assuming you are running a 3s Lipo? On 2s, my MT10 does not wheelie. Vids I've seen on 3s it is a wheelie monster. Downside to going a tooth down on the pinion is it will most likely wheelie even easier on 3s.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps. 'AC'

I can get my mt10 to wheelie with 2s on a bump in the yard but it wont carry it. On 3s look out. But on 3s taking off it will cog a little bit before taking off like a rocket. Normal imo

Our Granite will pull the front end up and carry a wheelie at around 30mph on pavement. It's a beast. On dirt though, it takes the right conditions for it to ride a wheelie. I really want an MT10 so we can race them.

What battery are you running? Did you charge the battery and then not use it for a bit or did you run it all the way down? This isn't good for Lipo's, especially if its an Amazon Chinese brand special LOL. I am assuming by everything I have seen online about the rival MT that it is brushless . So therefore I am assuming your running some brand of lipo battery. The sudden lack of power sounds like it is battery related to me.

Back