Right wheel way off... why? *newb*

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shizo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Good afternoon,

I am lost why the wheels are so off after replacing the front right ARAC9359 Steering Block (2): 4x4 and ARAC5047 C-Hubs (2): 4x4 on her Vorteks. You can see it easily with no tires on. The left wheel is straight as it should be.
What do I miss? To me the servo looks in position. Did a bash maybe break something else and I got to open it more (tbh, my electric screwdriver comes only later this afternoon and my hands are already tired of screwing, so I did only the minimum).

I am grateful for every advice!

20220813_114138.jpg

20220813_114818.jpg

Good afternoon,

I am lost why the wheels are so off after replacing the front right ARAC9359 Steering Block (2): 4x4 and ARAC5047 C-Hubs (2): 4x4 on her Vorteks. You can see it easily with no tires on. The left wheel is straight as it should be.
What do I miss? To me the servo looks in position. Did a bash maybe break something else and I got to open it more (tbh, my electric screwdriver comes only later this afternoon and my hands are already tired of screwing, so I did only the minimum).

View attachment 150591

View attachment 150592
Looks fine.

If you put the right wheel at a slight angle the angles should be equal.

Power on the servo and center it and it will make since.

Good afternoon,

View attachment 150591

View attachment 150592
Welcome to RCT bud. It definitely looks like the servo servo saver was centered when you mounted it to the servo. Take it off center the servo. Center you tires and remount the saver to your servo bud... happy bashing👍👍

Looks like you have way too much toe out there for some reason, and the tie rods appear to be bottomed out. Remove servo horn, power on the Tx and ESC. Make sure steering trim is neutral. Let servo center. Replace the horn with wheels centered. Adjust tie rod turnbuckles to fix the toe.

Last edited:
Looks like you have way too much toe out there for some reason, and the tie rods appear to be bottomed out. Remove servo horn, power on the Tx and ESC. Make sure steering trim is neutral. Let servo center. Replace the horn with wheels centered. Adjust tie rod turnbuckles to fix the toe.
I was thinking the same, i tried that. But decided against it after I "extended" them for like 3-5mm each side thinking it may weaken them. I did not touch them before so the source of the issue would be somewhere else no? Anyway, guess I try to open this first. Wish I could find vids how to :D

I am betting the tie rod that connects to two steering arms is bent or broke. The two parts you swapped out wouldn't affect your toe at all.

I am betting the tie rod that connects to two steering arms is bent or broke. The two parts you swapped out wouldn't affect your toe at all.
Looks like the wheels weren't centered. Before reconnecting to the likange.
Looks like the wheels weren't centered. Before reconnecting to the likange.
If the linkage wasn't touched. Then it's all got to be disconnected and re centered

I don't get it and my brain slowly is fried watching YouTube.
Nothing seems bent, probably can't be the servo right? I mean even if the servo was off, they would aim to the same direction or am I mistaken?

Hey and thank you very much for all your input!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well, it's funny. In the first pic they look towed out really bad. In the latest pic they look towed in and about normal, but a tad too much toe in. Can you get to the servo horn? Do what I said above, then use the tie rods (turnbuckles) to set your toe. You just need to get everything centered as best you can. If it's off a tad, you can fix that with steering trim.

Well, it's funny. In the first pic they look towed out really bad. In the latest pic they look towed in and about normal, but a tad too much toe in. Can you get to the servo horn? Do what I said above, then use the tie rods (turnbuckles) to set your toe. You just need to get everything centered as best you can. If it's off a tad, you can fix that with steering trim.
Did as you told me. Thank you! Took the servo horn out and adjusted remote on this opportunity. Mostly to adjust the turnbuckles did the trick but this worries me. My mind is grinding that I have a weak spot where a harder jump will rip out the screw out of the plastic part. And since i never touched the turnbuckles/rod before, it feels like a workaround. I guess I will see tomorrow on the pit how it does.

Thank you!

y.jpg

z.jpg

My guess is there is still a plenty of thread in those rod ends.

Did as you told me. Thank you! Took the servo horn out and adjusted remote on this opportunity. Mostly to adjust the turnbuckles did the trick but this worries me. My mind is grinding that I have a weak spot where a harder jump will rip out the screw out of the plastic part. And since i never touched the turnbuckles/rod before, it feels like a workaround. I guess I will see tomorrow on the pit how it does.

Thank you!

View attachment 150615

View attachment 150616
Nicely done bud. Sometimes you gotnto step away. And clear your mind. And go back in and it always works out. Happy bashing bud

Back