Revtech 18 turn motor ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whuggs1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
18 turn motor ?

I just got a older RC10 off Ebay that has a Revtech 18 turn motor in it. Anyone on know if this is a good motor and if the car will be fast with it ?Or any 18 turn for that matter. Not sure if it a single or dpuble wound.

Cool 1 more post and I can sell :banana:

thanks

Last edited:
never heard of revtech before ...& fast is in the eye of the beholder,

if your used to nitro it will most likely seem slow ...id guess & its a big guess no more than 15 - 18 mph ? ...do you know what kind of esc it has and turn limit or if its a msc?

I doesn't have a esc with it and was just going to use the Traxxas lx-1 I have that goes 17 turn and up.

I have a T-maxx but most my life had electric with stock 540 motors. I don't know much about what motor is best for each aplication except that lower the turns the more topend and less torque. This car is going to be a fixerup for my stepson,he has an old Koyosho Optima that is all stock but is now ready for the grave yard.

revtech is another ancient motor company now long in the back pages of the radio control history boox. right up there w/losi revolutions, twister, quarterflash, and race prep (dont think they make motors anymore).

-ult

Get a Reedy QM 19T or a Chameleon 2 Pro. Both have great speed and TQ. Never heard of a 18t anyway.

Revtech motor,never heard of them.Magnets probably need to be magnetized and the comm and brushes checked for wear.

Older,used motors often have weak magnets(from heat and use)and worn comms(unless used by serious owner who cuts his comm when needed and changes brushes when need be).

I would look at Trinity.Trinity makes great motors.

You want speed their 19 turn spec motors are great.And if you want serious speed and not spend too much the Speedworks Extreme 13turn triple has both high RPM and very good torque.You need to make sure your ESC supports 13turn motors.

Ya the guy at the LHS side the revtech was an oldie, I have a 17 turn double I'm going to try in it I got. I have the trinty monster horsepower stock motor for the car.

are u stupid? i have a 4 turn motor and it gets to 30mph and the E-revo i think has a 18 turn motor and its pisses all over any nitro car if its tuned propperly it can get to 120mph

Ya the guy at the LHS side the revtech was an oldie, I have a 17 turn double I'm going to try in it I got. I have the trinty monster horsepower stock motor for the car.

If your not racing it that should be just fine. If your looking for speed go with 13 turn double wound reedy. Fewer turns will give you faster acceleration and faster drain on the battery.:D

What is the precedure on tuning an electric motor????? I have never heard of tuning electric.... And 120......... that would be insane I saw one on utube..

are u stupid? i have a 4 turn motor and it gets to 30mph and the E-revo i think has a 18 turn motor and its pisses all over any nitro car if its tuned propperly it can get to 120mph
Hey jack ass, good luck picking a fight with someone who has not been on here since 2006 on a thread that is SIX YEARS OLD.....Are YOU stupid? Oh yeah 120 in a brushed Revo?....yup you are.
[SIGN]Here's your Sign[/SIGN]

I could use your help aiden84.
I'm working on a Savage brushless conversion and I'd like to know how to tune my motor for better performance.

Take in the hsn and run it slightly lean. HAHAHA

You might want to soak it in nitro overnight to clean any gunk out of it

definetly want to remember to use the nitro....... Now i am confused how do you know when it is tuned just right..... I might have done mine wrong it doesn't go any faster then when I started...... These things are hard to tune... L.O.L.

I have heard and seen some doosie's but I think this takes the cake for me...... I love the heres your sign bit....... classic....

Back