Revo Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemyrcnitro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just broke more stock parts on my truck.I just about tore my front tire completely off.I have spent enough money replacing stock parts to have rebuilt it. My question is.Who makes the best after market upgrades? Thanks in advance.

What parts did you break?

The Right Front Suspension Arms
Toe Link
Pushrod
Driveshaft Assembly

Under most conditions the revo is a pretty solid platform. I put gallons and gallons of fuel through mine and never broke a pushrod. If you hit something solid at WOT then things will break no matter what you have.

The Right Front Suspension Arms-RPM
Toe Link-TRX aluminum
Pushrod-TRX aluminum
Driveshaft Assembly-MIP splines shafts

These are what I used in replacement for stock. They still can break or bend and cost more to replace if you do....

The rpm a arms probably will never break, but the parts its attached to probably will in a bad crash.

i will tell you if u ever need to replace the axle carriers i would NOT recomend buyin rpm carriers on the front. I had the older traxxas carriers and the pivot balls kept popping out so i bought rpm replacements and just as much or more problems. I then went to the newest style traxxas and have not had a problem since. And at the same time i highly reccomend the rpm tru trac for the rear. I figure if u break a stock part unless its a fluke thing its probably a weak area and probably gonna happen again.

That may depend on your setup. I have RPM arms/carriers on the front and true-track on the rear. I have yet to have the ball pop out on me.

A few years back on my first revo, they would pop out on me once in a great while on a hard off kilter landing that caused the rim to dig into the ground. I'm pretty sure I would have snapped a stock carrier, but as it was, it just popped out through the back. 5 minutes wrenching and I was back up and running.

I had my older rig sitting higher than my current one. Was probably the reason it popped them out more frequently. The extra angle at full extension was enough to make it easier for them to pull through.

Thanks Everyone for the help!!
Where do I get the Mip splines shaft and the True-Track for my rear end ?

If your truck is stock. Id use stock shafts.

+1 on that. I honestly don't see the need for the steel driveshafts. I run a LRP28S3 in my revo and I have plastic all around. They hold up just fine and are fairly cheap on ebay to replace or have a spare set.

YOu can get the true-track at many places. Tower, RC Planet, RPM direct, sometimes you can get lucky and get things cheaper on ebay which is what I usually do. Most retailers on ebay sell at similar prices as online stores, but shipping can be found cheaper.

I like the true track for the rear and I will stay stock on front.
Thank You Everyone for all the help

That may depend on your setup. I have RPM arms/carriers on the front and true-track on the rear. I have yet to have the ball pop out on me.

A few years back on my first revo, they would pop out on me once in a great while on a hard off kilter landing that caused the rim to dig into the ground. I'm pretty sure I would have snapped a stock carrier, but as it was, it just popped out through the back. 5 minutes wrenching and I was back up and running.

I had my older rig sitting higher than my current one. Was probably the reason it popped them out more frequently. The extra angle at full extension was enough to make it easier for them to pull through.

you very well could be right but i tried different things through each of my 3 sets or rpm carriers i went through. And they were popping out at the lightest hits and weirdest places. I would try to take it apart and put it back together but it seemed after the first time they were spent. I think if i ever do have problems with the front again I'm goin tekno!!!!

Go the e revo knuckles they have the rings pressed on them to stop the ball popping out
I just got another set cost about $22 on ebay with new bearings and balls

I just made some steel rings to go on my rpm carriers, haven't popped a ball since & it's had some very hard hits.

Go the e revo knuckles they have the rings pressed on them to stop the ball popping out
I just got another set cost about $22 on ebay with new bearings and balls

Ya my revo was the older 5308 and the carriers didnt have those metal rings but i think all the new traxxas carriers have them now. And seem to be tough.But The teknos do look a bit tougher yet..

I do like the look of the tekno carriers I may have to pick up a set for my revo to go with the rest of the tekno gear I just acquired

I have never had an issue with the Tekno carriers. The 8mm shafts are great but only work with stock axles, maybe traxxas CVD's. I ended up using XXL axles to keep the 8mm hub...100% slop free

photo32.jpg

Back