Revo "show" build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderTiger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Following the last run of my revo, I decided that I would rebuild it.

Integral with the rebuild upgrades an attempt at a "unique" (to my knowledge) modification was planned...
I managed to acquire a few of the upgrades, then stopped due life and another hobby taking over.

This was all almost six years ago, yet all the parts remain as they were carefully stored. The build reached a stage of "test build" to see how things were looking and that is as far as it reached, until a few days ago when I finally got back to it and pulled it all out of storage..

This is where it got to before I "walked away" so-to-speak...
9290743358_75ed76e015.jpg

9290731630_7dda752970.jpg

9287956493_5687b8f3e5.jpg

9287978309_d75a6ecd4a.jpg

9290733932_1380417b2a.jpg

As can be seen, not much was achived, but I still have other parts that were never opened or fitted that are ready to be fitted when the build gets started again.
As for the bulkhead in the above phot's, that is being replaced with something more inline with my intended goal for the truck.

The goal? Something "Show" worthy, that is also a useable truck!

I will update this thread as the build progresses, but that will not be for a few weeks yet as I have parts on order and others I am awaiting delivery of.

I don't think i've seen a project quite like this before. Sounds interesting, count me in. :thumbs-up:

lets just say this will be a "fairly unique" revo if I pull off what I want to do......

Never mind stock, this is going to be an expensive $3,800 (£2,500 GBP) truck with a couple of bespoke mods/upgrades by the time it is finished.

i already have £500 GBP in it and still have at least another 2k to spend on it, though that includes RX, Servo's, Telemetry kit plus Engine and pipe.

Also have an idea up my sleeve that, if it works, will definitely be unique....

Last edited:
wow! high praise coming from you rolex.

Now, what did I do with that link for Nova RC engine heads............

Last edited:
wow! high praise coming from you rolex.
I'm just trying to show some of these idiots that there are very descriptive words that do NOT begin with "aw".
Anyway, speaking of show and bling, are you familiar with my bling thing Savvy?

Some Nova eye candy...

Nova head on my Savvy...
015.jpg

Last edited:
your savvy? yep, not seen it for a while though.. You hankering to post a phot or two?

Sure as heck won't mind if you do!

pic added above.
I need to take some new pics. I just noticed that I've made some changes that aren't in there.

if ever I needed a kick to make sure I finish this built, that is it, right there in that phot of the savvy!!!

that sure is pretty!

btw, tried Nova website earlier (novarcproducts(dot)com) and it came up as a dead link...

have i missed something in my absence?

Wow, that's odd. I looked around on ebay, and if you know what engine you'll be using you might find the head. I found several by Nova for different engines. I also had a Nova head on my first Tmaxx. That was the very first thing I ever bought on line and I got it from a member on this forum.

FLM, or Fast Lane Machine makes a lot of 1st rate alloy upgrades. This is the hybrid diff/bulk from them that went into the Sav.

Diff-bulk2.jpg

Here are a few more of their parts for a brushless conversion I built:
e3a.jpg

Last edited:
Pay now mind to Rolex there....he was dropped on his head as a baby and it damaged the part of his brain that contained the word awesome :p

you leave rolex alone... poor guy can't help being challenged......

:(:naughty:

the purple one?

you are referring to your skid lid right??

lmfao, I hope that does not mean what I know it to mean over here.....

Just sniff the inside of all the helmets Rolex. Yours shouldnt be hard to find, Hamz take a dump in yours the other day. :wtf:

Back