Revo Moves Forward When Cranking Pullstart?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My 2.5 with a 3.3 is giving me a problem. All the wheels try to spin when i crank it. Pretty sure it is my clutch just making sure before i tear it down. Thanks!

Sure sounds like the clutch spring and or bearings

just took apart the clutch. Spring is in tact and dosen't seem to be the problem. Bearings aren't running as smoothly as before i went off roading. Bearings aren't too bad though. What would cause my problem? i do not know what to look for.

Clean it all real good all washers residue ect make sure the spring is tight, a stretched spring can be overlooked, bearings should spin freely, any washers used to shim the cb shouldnt cause binding,....has to be somewhere in there

Spring looked good, cleaned the bearings. Wheels still turn when i crank the pull start. Could it be my tranny?

If it happens only when you crank it, it almost has to be the clutch. Its the only thing that will spin the trans. If it happens after it starts, then i would look at the high idle .

I would also make sure that the gear mesh is good and not binding.

Last edited:
I agree. It HAS to be the clutch or the bearings if it turns the wheels when starting. It's a centrifugal clutch and won't engage the drive till it reaches a much higher RPM.
If the spring is really shot the clutch shoes will engage with no effort.