Revo bent frame at motor mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregN61

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have not messed with my Revo for years and lately trying to get her up and running. Had a hard crash and broke chassis and engine mounts. Put back together and worked somewhat well. Been sitting for 2 years and not happy.. Recenty replaced clutch, carb. Does not spin well so think bent chassis. Ran a metal gear before which shredded. Many burs on engine gear. Think I need to tear down rear of truck, straighten out bent frame and start over. Opinions?

I think the first order of business would be to replace anything that is worn or bent with new items in working condition. Trying to straighten that bent chassis is just a waste of time IMO, you'll never get it as true as it was when it was new, and likely spend a lot of time fiddling with it that could be better spent fixing other things, or tuning.

Thanks for the reply. Revo engine mounts directly to rear suspension assembly. That done, bent chassis around mount and screwed down. Gear mesh nice and smooth. Tried to fire up and starter blew a puff of smoke and died. Tomorrow another day and another trip to hobby store.. tested a few more things and think reverse messed up. Will check again after fired and tuned. 260 head temp at glow plug?

Back