Revo 3.3 reciever battery conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Crazy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I apologize if this has topic has already been covered. I'm wondering if there is a aftermarket conversion to change reciever to a AA battery setup. Not sure if AA will have enough power for all the servos on the revo 3.3 . I'm not sure if maybe I have a bad battery pack. The truck is only a day old. The battery maybe lasted 40 minutes of runtime total. My Tmaxx batteries last hours in the truck before needing to be replaced. Is short battery life a common issue for the Revo 3.3?

I apologize if this has topic has already been covered. I'm wondering if there is a aftermarket conversion to change reciever to a AA battery setup. Not sure if AA will have enough power for all the servos on the revo 3.3 . I'm not sure if maybe I have a bad battery pack. The truck is only a day old. The battery maybe lasted 40 minutes of runtime total. My Tmaxx batteries last hours in the truck before needing to be replaced. Is short battery life a common issue for the Revo 3.3?
I can't speak for the Revo 3.3 but my LST2 only lasts about an hour tops on a battery pack. You can run your electronics on AAs but you'll have less voltage and run time than a 5 cell hump pack which is what I'm assuming you are using. Personally I dont use NiXX packs/batteries of any kind these days. I use LiPo or LiFe batteries now. waaaay better run time than anything else you can get.

I use a lipo hump pack in my maxx 3.3 . Alot better then the AA batteries. IMO

Sorry it's not a lipo pack. It's a 6cell nimh 1200mah. And it last a long time between charges

not sure of a conversion but Almost any 3 D printer can print you 1 up. as long as you give him the dimensions AA from what i remember only last about a hour

This post is a bit old, last summer, but I put a 6cell nimh 1200mah in my revo 3.3, traxxas sells an adaptor for the tamiya to JST to fit your receiver.
I ended up getting the Radiolink RC6gs v2 transmitter and put a deans 4200mah nimh battery in and that lasts for days for me. A friend printed a battery box for me on his 3D printer to hold the battery. But I have seen battery boxes you can by from Amain and other places or I am sure you can go to your local hobby shop and get one.

IMG_7002.JPG