Revo 3.3 ran good .... than stopped !!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello all! So I’m pretty new to the nitro world! Got a used revo 3.3. After some trouble shooting I got it running. But today I was running it, it was running great. Then out of nowhere it stopped responding. The motor would still run and ref when I hit the accelerator but would go nowhere, steering still worked. The throttle arm was still moving. The batteries are all fully charged. Help!!

I honestly can't remember. It's been many years since I've run any nitro. Maybe @olds97_lss might remember.

If it has a spring on the slipper, yes. Tighten it down until the spring is fully compressed, then back it off 1/4 turn. You may have lost a slipper shoe, there should be 3 pads. I've lost a pad before and when one goes, the pressure is off kilter and doesn't apply to the 2 remaining ones. Only way to fix it is to replace the pads.

Could also be something in the transmission let go. There are 2 or 3 little pins in the trans holding the gears onto the shafts. They can shear off, then no power makes it out of the transmission.

When it's running, you need to figure out where the power stops flowing.

Flywheel -> CB -> spur -> center shafts -> wheel shafts -> wheels

Figure out what stops spinning and that's where you need to investigate.

If it has a spring on the slipper, yes. Tighten it down until the spring is fully compressed, then back it off 1/4 turn. You may have lost a slipper shoe, there should be 3 pads. I've lost a pad before and when one goes, the pressure is off kilter and doesn't apply to the 2 remaining ones. Only way to fix it is to replace the pads.

Could also be something in the transmission let go. There are 2 or 3 little pins in the trans holding the gears onto the shafts. They can shear off, then no power makes it out of the transmission.

When it's running, you need to figure out where the power stops flowing.

Flywheel -> CB -> spur -> center shafts -> wheel shafts -> wheels

Figure out what stops spinning and that's where you need to investigate.
So when I push the car on the ground wheels move for a couple inches, slipper and spur and shaft spin then it locks up, like the brakes are on! I just pushed it with no power on.all slipper shoes are present! Any ideas! When I have more time tomorrow I’ll investigate more!

So when I push the car on the ground wheels move for a couple inches, slipper and spur and shaft spin then it locks up, like the brakes are on! I just pushed it with no power on.all slipper shoes are present! Any ideas! When I have more time tomorrow I’ll investigate more!
I started the revo today, stayed fine. When I give it throttle it looks like the clutch bell is not spinning! Could this be the spring inside? I guess I have to take it apart to see right!

The clutch bell won't spin until it gets up to speed and the clutch shoes engage. If the spring in there was broken, the clutch would drag all the time and it would want to move/stall on you at idle.

Oh ok. Any other ideas. I tightened the slipper and backed off a 1/4 turn, it doesn’t have a spring aftert the bolt. The center shaft and wheels shafts spin... maybe something in the transmission? Thanks for the help.

Sound like transmission issue.

Hello all! So I’m pretty new to the nitro world! Got a used revo 3.3. After some trouble shooting I got it running. But today I was running it, it was running great. Then out of nowhere it stopped responding. The motor would still run and ref when I hit the accelerator but would go nowhere, steering still worked. The throttle arm was still moving. The batteries are all fully charged. Help!!
So a little update, I opened you transmission, and one of the gears has stripped a couple teeth!! Just ordered new gears, hopfully back on the road soon!!!