Revo 3.3 Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazUK

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My Revo 3.3 project and excited to upgrade and get going, some of the parts I've just got to get me started :D

Picture's below

So far....
Picco .26 JL Red dot
ERCM Big Block pipe
Rear Wing & mount
Hot Racing Air Filter
E-Revo body shell ready to paint

20140726_001132_zps6b4cb89e.jpg

20140726_001024_zps740df74c.jpg

20140726_001000_zps11644423.jpg

20140726_000926_zps10db9a1e.jpg

20140726_000529_zps2f2afac3.jpg

20140726_000432_zps10140954.jpg

Any suggestions are more than welcomed :thumbup:

Looks good. That Picco should liven it up :D

Thanks loving this Revo can't wait to get that engine and exhaust on :pepper:

Any reason your engine has no carb??
Good choice of engine and pipe should certainly make her move

I did a lot of reading on which engine to go for, was a toss up between the Picco or LRP, went for the Red Dot because it's a straight drop in and should work well with stock parts. Read a lot of guys with the true BB modifying chassis and gears etc as the BB has too much torque which I did not want to do, there are pros and cons to both but for me this is great with the pipe should get a hell of a lot more power and for bashing it's perfect.
The carb is there Chickenman it's in the packet next to the exhaust with the pull start.

Glad of that replacement parts for the .26 are getting hard to find these days

Yea the Red Dot is impossible to find too think I got the only one left on the planet :D:thumbup:

That reminds me also need to pick up a wheelie bar, think I'll need it with this engine, is the Traxxas wheelie bar worth getting?
I read one guy said comes off the mount depending how you land, want to know if this is just one persons bad experience as they look pretty decent?

Last edited:
The traxxas ones work fine the good thing is that you can take it on and off very easily .I had to put one on my .28 powered 2.5 chassis and it's held up well I did add the aluminum wheels For a bit of bling and they last a lot longer than the plastic ones

Just come across a bit of a hiccup looks like the ERCM pipe won't fit as easily as I thought looks like header will need modding and will be longer than ERCM suggested plus mounting hole is too small, a bit of a error in my eyes especially when you spend $155 this should be more of a custom fit without modding, hope header doesn't effect tuning and performance.

---------- Post added at 2:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:08 PM ----------

The traxxas ones work fine the good thing is that you can take it on and off very easily .I had to put one on my .28 powered 2.5 chassis and it's held up well I did add the aluminum wheels For a bit of bling and they last a lot longer than the plastic ones

Thanks for that chickenman will definately invest in one

@ nazUK Is your exhaust going to exit out the rear like a typical Revo or out the left side?

Right pipe has turned up to be too long for my body looks like I need the small block from ERCM which I have now found out has a BB stinger... Arghhh!
Think I going to sell this pipe and buy the SB from ERCM, project now on hold :(

You shouldn't have any trouble selling that pipe (or returning it). :D

You could run your pipe out the left side but it would involve cutting up your body shell. Kinda cheesy looking but probably better performance wise than a rear exit exhaust with a small block pipe. Just an option to consider :mustache:

revo2-1.jpg

revo-1.jpg

Thanks I'll ask Robin see if he'll exchange it

You shouldn't have any trouble selling that pipe (or returning it). :D

You could run your pipe out the left side but it would involve cutting up your body shell. Kinda cheesy looking but probably better performance wise than a rear exit exhaust with a small block pipe. Just an option to consider :mustache:

revo2-1.jpg

revo-1.jpg

Not sure if he will exchange but will certainly try, thanks for the idea

Hey there I also have a Ercm pipe for my revo. Had to trim header down to fit the pipe between the rear tires and tip still pokes out the fender well a bit which is not a problem. If your using a new era type mount where the engine is situated more inboard and leaned in the pipe may be too long but on a traxxas bb kit mount should be fine. uploadfromtaptalk1407207614571.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407207647967.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys certainly a great pipe, I tried getting the new era mount its impossible to get

Back