Revo 3.3 oil shooting out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hey guys, I have a revo 3.3 running on fresh torco 20%. I tuned it correctly and everything is fine however no matter how much I change the high or low speed needles, it spews out this brown oil from the exhaust. I took out the glow plug and there was some carbon buildup on the piston. Is that related? Thanks.

Hey guys, I have a revo 3.3 running on fresh torco 20%. I tuned it correctly and everything is fine however no matter how much I change the high or low speed needles, it spews out this brown oil from the exhaust. I took out the glow plug and there was some carbon buildup on the piston. Is that related? Thanks.

I never seen carbon build up on a nitro engine ,however ,they do get a glaze film on them ,which was normal ,a certain amount of dripping oil is
also normal!

How long have you been running the Torco fuel?

I use Torco fuel ,but I use the 30% an it burns clean!

Only for about half a tank. Before it was using traxxas 20. There was some black gunk on the piston when looking through the glow plug hole.

And it is not a 'little' oil. IT IS A SH*T TON. I MEAN LIKE A LOT. Maybe two drops every second. For the whole time it's running.

Depending on the blend you have, it does appear to have a pretty high oil content for all their blends, 14% oil for 20% nitro car fuel:
http://torconitro.com/pro-rc-nitro.html

So it's likely going to be a pretty messy fuel, but if it tunes well and performs well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Get an exhaust deflector to help get some of it away from the body/chassis a bit better.

Back