Revo 3.3 help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subie

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Having clutch or tranny issues, my clutch bell spins at idle, my spring is good and have reassembled the clutch, i have no idea what to check next. The clutch bell just spins the spur gear at idle + revs up without moving wheels.

After some trial and error i think the clutch is fine, i just need to rebuild the tranny. I can't find any rebuild kits online anyone know where i can find one? I really dont want to shell out 60 bucks for a new one.

firstly check the slipper clutch nut is tight and the 3 slipper pads are in place ,if that all checks out lift the truck up and with the engine running give the throttle a quick blip to see if the wheels spin .if that don't work you will most likely need to remove the trans and pull it down.
also another silly thing check your wheel nuts and inspect the wheels in case of a stripped hex or loose nuts.

I just threw a Slayer Pro trans in my Revo and it works fantastic! The Slayer Pro trans is $17 for the complete trans on Dollar hobbys. Also, is your slipper adjusted to far out?

Thanks for the help guys i opened up the tranny and found 2 gears that have been completely stripped. Not sure if the gear on the left it is #5395. I can't find the part number for the gear on the right. Might be the reverse? And about that Slayer pro trans what to i have to do to modify it to fit?
http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/brotherAli1/library/?view=recent&page=1

Last edited:
No modding at all, it drops right in. The Slayer Pro trans does not have reverse tho so you would have to remove the Opti Drive and the reverse servo. If you want, I do have a full RRP hardened steel trans in the FS section, it would never happen to you again!

Last edited:
Thanks chaos ill be ordering a slayer trans tonight.. I've searched and found that the slayer has slightly higher gearing, i'm using my revo to bash and a little track so smaller gears would be better. What ratio is good and what will i need to buy? Sorry i'm slowly living and learning the rc world =p