Revo 3.3 help, won't stay running after sealing it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanSusanin

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Cleaned and sealed the carb. Put everything back to factory.
Will Idle. Unsteady rpm. Dies after couple throttle revs. Won't start for few mins after that.
Starting to lean it out. Since heavy smoke and lots of oil is coming out of the pipe.

Cleaned and sealed the carb. Put everything back to factory.
Will Idle. Unsteady rpm. Dies after couple throttle revs. Won't start for few mins after that.
Starting to lean it out. Since heavy smoke and lots of oil is coming out of the pipe.
Open your idle gap. Try and lean and richen your low speed needle. Inspect the piston and sleeve. Is it scratched?? It will loose compression. How much compression does it have? Is it hard to pull? Does it have a strong pinch? Your low speed my be too lean and high speed might be to lean as well.

Thank you. I realized that the engine was in such a need of rebuild, luckely I recently ordered a new TRX 3.3. It was sitting and just waiting to be droped in. Once I'm a bit more comfortable with it I plan on rebuilding this old guy.

After and hour or two of replacing the engine, and 5 tanks later its a screamer. Already put quarter of a jug through it.

Now for the fun part. Have to pick up set of HR suspension, front and rear. Already have the steering hubs on the shelf. I will create a build thread with some before and after shots.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Thank you. I realized that the engine was in such a need of rebuild, luckely I recently ordered a new TRX 3.3. It was sitting and just waiting to be droped in. Once I'm a bit more comfortable with it I plan on rebuilding this old guy.

After and hour or two of replacing the engine, and 5 tanks later its a screamer. Already put quarter of a jug through it.

Now for the fun part. Have to pick up set of HR suspension, front and rear. Already have the steering hubs on the shelf. I will create a build thread with some before and after shots.

Wow cool. Remember to take it easy for the first liter as it is the hardest of its life. ?

That engine has a long ways before its fully broke-in ,should also replace the connecting rod after the first
Gal. ,the break-ins are hard on that part ,also ,make sure you use a good quality of fuel ,an not the traxxes
fuel!...:cool:

That engine has a long ways before its fully broke-in ,should also replace the connecting rod after the first
Gal. ,the break-ins are hard on that part ,also ,make sure you use a good quality of fuel ,an not the traxxes
fuel!...:cool:
That's true :hyperbuggy:. I tried traxxas and my engine overheats.