Revo 3.3 Broken Clutch Bell?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol this is a long thread for a busted 10 year old shoe.
Try buying a new Alpha 3 shoe clutch clutch kit, then installing it onto a new Dynamite Mach 2-.21 in an Ofna Ultra MBX R2, only to have it slip in grass to the point the car wouldn't move. Just sits there clutch shoes spinning but the bell not and nothing binding or locked up.
And yes I did the 3 time break in too.
Well, reading this sure leaves me in quite the predicament because you are literally the first person to say you’ve ran your shoes correctly installed and have never had one break. I’ve read quite a few responses from other people that have broke them properly installed and flipping them over puts an abrupt end to that. Oh what shall I do? I’m not really looking to increase the bite, I just don’t wanna have to keep replacing a broke centrifugal clutch. I’m not even really all that hard on mine, which makes it awful hard to place blame on me for roughness.
My 4tech 3.3 I ran 40 gallons of fuel, went through 1000 tires, and 7 sets of drive belts, and never once did the clutch fail and I never cleaned it. Sometimes 2nd gear wouldn't engage but mostly due to my adjustment.
Can't beat a Traxxas clutch. Battle tanks of a clutch.
I just bought a new Alpha 3 shoe and it slips bad, even after breaking it in.
I wonder if a Traxxas 2 shoe clutch kit will fit a Dynamite Mach 2-.21

Last edited:
Back