reving and not moving.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbyrd141

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Revo with big block will rev and not move. Slipper is tight, put finger on spur gear and gave it gas and it will turn from my finger grip. was told that was the way to test the motor clutch. Any help?

start with the basics

first double check the spur/pinion gears to ensure they are meshing properly and adjust as necessary. Second, rotate spur gear by hand, make sure it rolls freely with not binding and that all motion continues throughout the drive train and end with the tires turning. If you feel any binding or resistance, then you need to take a closer look at your transmission. If all is good to this point start it up with the body off and watch it. When you hit the throttle, does the pinion turn? If the pinion turns, is the spur turning? If pinion turns and spur is not, then you need to go back and adjust your gear lash again and check spur for missing or stripped teeth. If pinion is NOT turning then you have a clutch problem. Pull the motor and inspect the clutch assy for damage or perhaps even an accidental shot of some sort of lube. Clean with alcohol, reinstal engine, realign gears, start and try again. If all checked out, she should go.

Just to continue on, if the bell turns, the spur turns and the shaft the spur is sitting on turns, then look at your center axles to see if they are turning. If they aren't, then either your axle pins holding the axles on the shaft are missing or something inside your trans is broken. If they are turning, then check your axles to your wheels and see which of those are or aren't turning.

Could also be that you have reverse and it's stuck between forward/reverse.

I had same problem and replaced the clutch shoes which are dirt cheap and it was all go from there.

my bet is on the clutch// mine did the same thing

Back