(Resolved) Troubles getting buggy to drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noobwithabuggy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have an Exceed Forza buggy (yes I know they arent the greatest but this is my first nitro car so I wanted somthing cheap to learn with) I pulled it out of a box yesterday after moving. been probably a year since I ran it. The car starts up great the and the clutchbell seems to engage the spur gears but they are not spinning the tires. I checked the grub screws on the C-cups and those are tight. If I roll the buggy it spins the dogbones, if I turn each wheel the other wheel spins as it should. If I turn the spur gears with my finger they spin the wheels as well but the buggy rolls backwards. I can't remember when I last had it torn apart but could I have assembled the gearbox wrong or is spinning the spur gear with your finger supposed to move it backwards? I can post a video when I get home of exactly what its doing if that will help. If you have any suggestions please give them

I am not an expert but it may be that your centre diff's clutch pad type thing is worn- or it may be thtat your clutch is slipping.

Thanks for the response. I actually figured this out last night. It jad been a while since I had driven it but I had replace the primary spur gear and put the one way bearing in the spur gear in backwards <- feels dumb

Thanks for the response. I actually figured this out last night. It jad been a while since I had driven it but I had replace the primary spur gear and put the one way bearing in the spur gear in backwards <- feels dumb
Good to know, everyone makes mistakes!

I did the same thing after removing all my diffs and rebuilding them. Thankfully only reversed the front diff. In my defense it was like 2am. Lol

I did the same thing after removing all my diffs and rebuilding them. Thankfully only reversed the front diff. In my defense it was like 2am. Lol
2AM...Must of been fun...

Was until I realized what I had done...lol Typically like working on my kit, couldn't sleep that night so I decided to finish putting everything back together after working on all of the differentials the previous evening. Lesson, find something else to do besides working on my kit when I can't sleep. o_O

Was until I realized what I had done...lol Typically like working on my kit, couldn't sleep that night so I decided to finish putting everything back together after working on all of the differentials the previous evening. Lesson, find something else to do besides working on my kit when I can't sleep. o_O
Your like me- if your in the middle of doing something it HAS to be finished. :)

sorry it should have read:
"I have never ever done that....ever.... /sarcasm off"
lol

Back