Researching that first car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still might up getting an e-revo, but the guy at my local shop talked me into a Kraton 6s and it's awesome
Go create an account at the sister forum arrmaforum.com. You will find a ton of info there for the kraton. If you really like airing your truck out, I'd skip the e-revo. I have a hard time keeping suspension parts alive on mine. It will hang with the outcast 6s I have, mostly... but the big jumps take a toll on it more than the outcast.

If you want something similar to the size, look at the maxx 4s, but know you will likely want to get the wide kit and cvd's out of the box. Would be nice if they made it the size of the revo... I'd sell my revo in a heart beat and get one. lol! As it is, it's in between the size of the revo and stampede/hoss, but far better than either of those.

My opinion, traxxas is an easy to use entry level vehicle. I started with a nitro stampede. The reason I have 3 traxxas trucks now is because 1 was given to me and the other I bought for under $100. The free one is a raptor (slash 2wd). I got it for free because the previous owner tried to “fix” the antenna at the circuit board. And now it has short range. So far, I’ve got all new bearings (associated), not racing spool, GPM aluminum front and rear suspension mounts (came with the truck), traxxas aluminum shock tops, and LCG chassis conversion.

the slash VXL 4wd I picked up for $80 because the previous owner used it only for jumps and speed runs; so it wouldn’t move under its own power. It came with GPM aluminum front and rear shock mounts, GPM L piggy back coilovers, hot racing slipper clutch eliminator, and Robinson racing 50T hardened steel spur gear. The reason it wouldn’t move is because all the bearings were over heated and seized, and the motor plate bearing seized and was spinning as a unit, causing the motor plate plastic to melt and causing the gear alignment to be off.
So now I’ve put in to it all new associated bearings, KingZ head aluminum motor plate with traxxas aluminum bushing, Robinson racing hardened steel pinion gear, pro-line body mounts, XO1 differential gears and XO1 HD differential carriers, and a new 3S traxxas battery.

if I were to buy a new RC truck today, hands down it would be an Arrma 6S Typhoon. That’s because it’s cheaper than the slash ultimate, faster, and tougher. Just upgrade the suspension arms and you basically have an indescribable truck.

but also realize that this is my personal opinion. And I get just as much enjoyment from wrenching/modifying an I do from running them. At the end of the day, I don’t think you would be unhappy with any of the trucks you have mentioned. The best RC is the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. If you like to wrench, traxxas is the way to go. If you like driving, arrma or losi is the way to go.

I've had an e revo 2.0 for almost a year now and have had no problems except tearing the rear wing off when I made a jump and went through some tree branches. I had mine out in the snow a few weeks ago when everything around her shut down and had no problem. I was hitting a jump getting about 10 to 15 foot of air and nothing broke. I her the plastic gets very brittle in cold weather and we got down below zero. I'm still new to the rv world but I love my revo and have since bought two crawled, one being a traxxas that has been working great. I will be adding a lot of stuff to the crawler but it will be out of want not need