Replacing shock absorber

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have recently got my old HB Lightning 2 RR going after 15yrs, surprisingly it started up and ran really well until my son bashed it into a tree. All good though as I have already found some more parts but one of the suspension arms and the shock have been damaged and seeing how old it is I will replace them for better ones. Question is that should I be replacing the rear shocks as well as the front or can I do just the fronts?

You can replace just the front ones. Are the back ones in good shape? Being that old I'd probably at least disassemble them and put fresh seals as nd oil in them. As coat of Factory Team Green Slime on the seals will help keep them from leaking also.

id replace them in sets as in 2 fronts. Reason do you know what the shock piston hole count is along with there size. More than likely no so do them in sets so the will react to bumps jumps the same

You can replace just the front ones. Are the back ones in good shape? Being that old I'd probably at least disassemble them and put fresh seals as nd oil in them. As coat of Factory Team Green Slime on the seals will help keep them from leaking also.
In fairness they don't look too bad, may need to replace the coils in which case but yeah changing the seals etc would be a good idea. Thanks for the info, I've ordered just one front set

id replace them in sets as in 2 fronts. Reason do you know what the shock piston hole count is along with there size. More than likely no so do them in sets so the will react to bumps jumps the same
Yeah that's what I will do thanks, I have ordered a pair of front shocks and will do the back at a later date as I desperately need some new wheels first ha the problem when the car is old, there is alot of replacing that needs to be done

My AB2.8 front shocks turn up today and fit like a treat, just need the suspension arm to come now and good to go again :)

Attachments

• IMG-20220309-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20220309-WA0006.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 31
Back