Replacement gear for Bandai 1/15 scale gearbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandresen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for guidance to replace a gear in a tank gearbox. This is what I know. The gear is 30 tooth and has an OD to the tip of the teeth of 19 mm. 17 mm to the tooth base. It is a striaght cut gear, acetal or derlin. This is an old Bandai product, that they no longer support with parts or specs. I don't or even how I would determine pitch, but since it is a japanese product I would assume it is metric. I have considered replacing the motors and gear boxes, but I can't obtain specs to determine fit from the distributors.

I have located several 'close' gears, but nothing I have any confidence would work, and don't wish to damage another gear with trying to mesh it with an incorrect one.

any and all info/advise is appreciated.. Thank you in advance

last resort is take to local machine shop or have some 1 with 3D printer do it...

I have those two bases covered. Macining is cost prohibitive. Waitiing to see if an acceptable CAD file can be created for 3d printing. 3d is probably the best option since mutliple gears can be made , easily and cheaply. The catch is in the creation of the file for the printer.

Appreciate the reply.