Removing paint?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmacca

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys and gals,

I recently painted my body before I cut it out (I know it was a mistake now) but now that I have finished cutting it out the paint has flaked off, anyone know how to remove the rest of the paint with out damaging the lexan?

- Jmacca

I've heard brake fluid will take it off. the paint shouldnt have chipped off though if you used the right kind..

You can use brake fluid, but it ill really need to soak in, it's no easy task no matter what you do. I have stripped a few bodies this way, the only one I would say was actually worth the time was an FG 1/5 scale body but only because of the cost of a replacemet body, about $150. On a 1/10 lid I wouldn't waste the time, or deal with the mess to bother with it again.

Mr Muscle Foam Oven cleaner works, as does good 'ol NITRO FUEL !!!!!, Brake fluid is too harsh IMO. There are other things that work, but right now, my brain is so shot i can't think of them.

Brake fluid harsh? It doesn't even fog the lexan, I have done it several times. IMO, I think oven cleaner would be much more harsh. I use oven cleaner to strip anno off aluminum, brake fluid aint budging anno. The ONLY body I would use oven cleaner for would be a hard body, never lexan

And nito fuel will not work on anything other than unprotected water based paints. It will not strip laquer or a body backed with fascoat. Or everyones nitro bodies would be half stripped.

today i accedently sprayed greased lightning on a shell to clean the mud of and the paint came off as well. wasn't on that long, but it is now really soft and rubs right off. I'm kinda pissed couse i just painted the shell 2 weeks ago

did it fog the lexan at all? I never tried that to remove paint, but I have used it to remove anno. I may have to try some on an old lid.

its hard to tell as i rinsed it really quick. the paint is just smudged around, and you can rub it off with your fingure. it could fog it up but I'm not sure. i can't get that stuff to remove ano. i never let it soak but i use it to clean my rigs and my mt is all alum. but i have heard it takes ano off. i probly shouldnt push my luck with it

You really gotta let it soak for a good amount of time to strip anno. The new formula is no where near as good as the original though for stripping anno, that's why I went back to easy off.

Ok thanks for the help guys,

When I painted it I diddn't put a protective layer of paint on afterward so it came off pretty easily,

- Jmacca