Remove tire from rim

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mofo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Any tricks for removing tires from rims that have been glued? I spun out one of my original rims so I got my hands on a new one from a buddy except I have not gotten the tire off. Is there any special trick like soaking in chocolate milk? Or is it just push them in to break the glue's hold and work your way around. I just felt like I was about to rip the tire itself before the glue would give out.

Some have put it in boiling water for about 15 minutes to loosen the glue successfully. Be sure to wear thick rubber gloves when doing this method.

I would begin doing what he said i have tried it but ended up giving up..
I didn't have gloves and the boiling water got the tire rather hot!:flaming:
But any ways if you put your tire in water make sure that your foams are dry when put back to gather.

i have tried both, and the oven method seemed to work better,

about 250deg for about 20min, the glue will get brittle and pop right off. just be carefull the tires get soft and can rip easly

I've never had boiling or baking work well. I've boiled tires for an hour and baked them for a long time as well. Nothing worked. It might work if they are lightly glued, but I don't lightly glue anything... I hate having a day cut short because of a thrown shoe.

Some day I'll buy some of that debonder stuff.

Thanks for the tip rob I just performed your trick and it worked great.

Have a good one.

Back