Redcat volcano s30? ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlehorse

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Picking one up in morning for stepson. Are they anygood? Seen some good reviews but want yalls opinions also.

Not a big fan of Redcat Products. I would recommend seeing what your locsl hobby shop (lhs) carries in the way of replacement/upgrade parts. The brands I personally have experience with in no particular order are Traxxas, Losi, Associated, HPI and Kyosho.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

my buddy just got a redcat rampage and so far the thing is a beast,has had a few decent crashes and nothing broke,.... yet,lol

Thanks. My lhs is over an hour away so usually I order parts unless I just need it bad.
I always had traxxas cause lhs claims lossi is crap and wont stock them ot parts for them
Probably gonna hold off and pick up a lossi mini 8 . Got a good deal on new in box for $130 withextra batteries. Hate electric but ohwell.
Thanks for the input .

I agree that Redcat isnt a very good quality brand. Some of their kits get decent reviews some are horrible.

Your LHS apparently has a business beef with Losi because quality wise Losi is top notch.

Not sure about lossi bein top notch. Never had good luck with lossi as faras customet service, they always back ordered on parts seems like. I played electric rc for many many years .
Product not too bad just the company I don't like.

Going with the redcat, after all it is for a 12 year old and his first nitro.
Called lossi and 3 shops and they recomended since out of stock on some stuff for the mini 8 and all 3 shops didn't deal with them either. So lack of parts support made my mind on that.

Go with a more reliable brand than Redcat, please. You'll be glad you did. Try a Traxxas Nitro Sport or Nitro Rustler instead of the Redcat.

Go with a more reliable brand than Redcat, please. You'll be glad you did. Try a Traxxas Nitro Sport or Nitro Rustler instead of the Redcat.

I have traxxas also. Just not spending $500 or better on a nitro for a 12 year old. Also out of the 3 lhs within an 2 hour drive none sale nitro cars anymore.
so had to go with whati could find. So far seems to be ok. Engine was broke in and that was it, still like new. Did have one problem that the spring in pull start broke but easy fix with needle nose , and still needs to be tuned. Came with whole gallon fuel and extra parts and such. Not bad for $130 . Will atleast last to see if he likes it enough to invest in a good one.

Just got a volcano s30... so far it is awesome and havnt had any problems with it

Just got a volcano s30... so far it is awesome and havnt had any problems with it

.volcano is anything but awesome. You haven't had it long enough yet.
lhs stopped carrying the redcat nitro due to the problems.
was going to sale it but didn't want to feel bad for letting
someone buy it so I am parting it out on ebay for the poor people that have one.
I bought it for a 12 year old cause it was cheap. I know now why they cheap, thwy are junk.
had to go anf spend more money and buy him a lossi.

that sucks. u could have gotten a ofna ultra lx2 for under $300. redcat stuff looks cheap and plus that little arabian dude that does the videos on them is annoying as hell

Not sure about lossi bein top notch. Never had good luck with lossi as faras customet service, they always back ordered on parts seems like. I played electric rc for many many years .
Product not too bad just the company I don't like.

Going with the redcat, after all it is for a 12 year old and his first nitro.
Called lossi and 3 shops and they recomended since out of stock on some stuff for the mini 8 and all 3 shops didn't deal with them either. So lack of parts support made my mind on that.

Losi is a top notch company. They have some of the best racing kits on the market. Your LHS may not stock parts very well but Losi's customer support from their company is amazing. I've had them offer to repalce parts that were not even under warranty anymore. My LHS has 2 whole walls of Losi parts. just as many as Traxxas. They have 1 wall for HPI and 1 for Associated.

+1 Losi customer support is excellent, and their kits are top notch.

Losi is owned by Horizon Hobby, if i remember correctly. Horizon has great service and will even walk you through binding a radio to a receiver over the phone as I know from painful personal experience. They also replace a lot of parts under warranty. This one reason that I have been buying Losi Micros for a while now.

My buddy runs a Redcat RS10, and he doesn’t have any issues, but then again he isn’t a competition wheeler or beating the crap out of it daily. For an ‘every once in a while’ rig, I think Redcat does just fine.

As far as the aftermarket, as others have been saying, Losi or Axial (now, these are crawlers, but same rules apply) are going to have way better stuff.

As far as nitro, you can’t go wrong with a Losi or a T-Maxx as your first rig. You really can’t.

Losi is owned by Horizon Hobby, if i remember correctly. Horizon has great service and will even walk you through binding a radio to a receiver over the phone as I know from painful personal experience. They also replace a lot of parts under warranty. This one reason that I have been buying Losi Micros for a while now.

You remember correctly Hamz. Losi and Dynamite are both made by Horizon Hobbies. As well as a host of other products.

Oh well we all know the redcat is junk now

Thought it would be ok for a 12 year old but not.
maybe I can make my money back parting it out.